Road Rage!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Jul 24, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I drive on average 150 miles per day for my business. I have seen all kinds of bad things happen on the road, accidents, people walking out in traffic and getting hit, some pretty bad stuff. Road rage happened to me once years ago. I was driving on an interstate here in New Jersey minding my own business when this car came flying up from behind and the guy started laying on his horn and making all kinds of hand gestures! I couldn't get out of this kook's way because I had traffic to either side, so I slowed down alittle to find a break in the traffic to my right. The next thing I know he is next to me trying to run me off the stinkin highway, yelling at me and flipping his arms all over the place, the guy was nuts! Finally he drove off at like 100 mph and was gone.

Has anyone else had an experience with road rage?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Had several instances like that in Texas. Must be a water thing, cause all Texans drive like that. LOL

3. Umba

Umba New Member

State:
    WI
    This is second hand but a fairly reliable source, I have a friend who's wife was driving in the fast lane in New York somewhere.The guy behind her started bumping her back bumper until she got out of the fast lane.I think part of road rage is people who are frustrated with something in their lives but are unable\gutless to do anything about it, so the end up taking it out on people on the road.When peaple are in their cars it gives them a sense of power.Just my opinon
    Umba

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Yea been there before. There's some jerks out there that just think they own the road, and expect you to get out of their way. One of these days I'm gonna get to know one of them face to face...lol. Gonna check to make sure Momma paid the insurance premium and is all up to date, then let'em come on. Can you say major brake lock up???lol. Oh yea, that just might slow that bugger down some...He smacks me in the rear end, it's his fault, hands down.... Mercy, ya should have seen the size of that rabbit crossing in front of me...ha ha ha..

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    That was me Tom! LOL! Why didn't ya pull over? LOL!

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dude, thats an every day occurance here on I-75 between Dayton and Cincinnasty ( Ohio ) durring rush hour.... seriously though, I travel all over the country and can tell you the craziest drivers are by far, in the Upper Midwest, ( Ohio, Indiana, Chicago area. ) Im not saying we have the worst traffic but the rudest drivers, no question about it, Ill take NYC, or California any day of the week!! and even throw in a Boston and Houston for dessert....:wink:

Stay safe and best to ignore folks and exit or put another car between you and them and NEVER stop for ANY reason! ( unless you carry a bigger gun then they do....)

Salmonid

7. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    i was a road rager back when i power lifted and did some SUPPLEMENTS..... ROID RAGIN ROAD RAGER. those were the days! you can axe billy gee-whiz, i'm the calmest most patient operator on the road these days!

8. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    had someone get behind me today and they just started laying on the horn...i changed lanes and they would change with me...after about 5 minutes of it i got tired....slowed down to a stop...he's still behind me blaring the horn and flipping me off...i got out of the van and so did the 3 250lb coworkers who were with me....never seen someone hit reverse so fast in my life...come to find out my boss had broken up with his girlfriend and she had sent someone out to find him but i was driving his van...don't think he'll come looking again

9. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That is why more people need anger management classes. They need to learn to stop, and smell the roses, before they really tick someone off, and get covered in them. Jack.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Well if it was you, you must have been going to your fishing spot, not heading home from it. LOL

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I get in a rage sometimes myself but at least I can control it. The biggest problem we have around here is folks that think they are still on dirt roads and ease down the road doing 35mph in a 55mph zone. Here in the mountains there aren't many passing zones and when you do get to one, likely as not, there will be someone coming the other way so you can't pass for another 5 miles. Some of these inconsiderate people must not have a rear view mirror and can't see the line of cars backed up behind them. They won't take advantage of the pull offs on the right and let folks go by. I guess they figure that since they have all day to get where they are going, that everyone else does too.
    And then there are all those women driving around with a phone stuck in thier ear that just sit there when the light turns green, or get in the left lane doing 40 talking up a storm while everyone has to pass them on the right. Sometimes I feel like taking that G$$#&*@ phone and sticking it up their %$#@ and %$#@&*%$ .......well that's another subject. Don't get me started!

12. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    I can totally relate! I am originally from Cranford NJ. So I know just how bad & angry NJ/NY city drivers can be! I used to work for an ambulanbe company based in Newark NJ & worked for way too long for NYC EMS (Before it merged with FDNY) NY City drivers, regarardless of what state they are in have no respect for an ambulance or a smaller fire truck. It's unbelievable!
    My take on the situation is that most folks in NJ are so "metropolatainized" that they don't know how to slow down. Gotta get it done yesterday, before someone beats them to it! I have to confess, I really miss living up north cause my family is all up there, but I like it down here cause it is so much slower paced. When someone throws their hand up at you it's to say hello, even if they don't know you. same thing if they beep their horn (they are usually going in the oppisite direction!)
    We are planning on moving north, but not to NJ. PA, in the country. I don't think I could deal with being crowded in again!

13. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    ain't nuttin calm about his driving except his speed, 5 mph under any posted speed limit and wonders why people tailgate. :crazy: :lol: Seriously though, it seems no one wants to pass him, only tailgate. Darndest thing, half the time they don't pass even when they have miles of open passing lane. When Dip's driving, anyone in another vehicle is either stupid or an idiot, keeps me smiling. Speaking of tailgaters, I either pour out coffee or soda when they get too close, or hack a goober or flick of booger in their general direction. Nothing makes me laugh like seeing their wiper/washers on after backing off. Some even come back for more.

14. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I get upset here and there and will yell out silly names I make up on the spot. I get it from my grandpa. He used to get so mad while driving and I remeber as a young kid giggling in the back seat when he would call people names. There sure are alot of crazy drivers/crazy people out there. Be careful! Drive safe!

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    There would be no road rage if people would just get out of my way, LMAO!!!
    Why is it that people think that a big truck carrying 80,000lbs can stop on a dime, tell me please??? I get really tired of having to swurve to miss some moron that just can't wait for another second to turn onto the hi-way. Those 80,000lb suppositories can be brutal, LMAO!!!

16. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brothers and Sisters;
    You've all touched on many of the things that erk me! Here in Missouri, it's the people on cell phones for one, and there is a move to put a bill through the State Legislature to BAN talking on a cell phone while behind the wheel in a moving vehicle! Personally, If it ever comes to vote, I will vote FOR! The insurance companies are getting real fed up paying for wrecks because someone was too busy trying to look "important" and was not watching their driving! Of course, having lived and driven in other countries in my lifetime, I've always said that it's too dam*ed EASY to get a drivers license here in the U.S.A.!!
    Same thing in the stores, people have to have these things surgically attached to prove to themselves that they are important or something! Funny how when they are blocking the aisle they get out of the way in a hurry when my 6'4'' 250# Irish/Kiowa attitude says in a loud, that is L-O-U-D voice "Excuse Me!".
    When I see someone at the side of the road talking on their cell phone I say a little prayer that something NICE happens to that person for having the common sense and the courtesy to pull over to talk on the phone!
    Lets see, Ohhh Yea, how about the kids in their little cars that you can hear coming your way from a mile off with your windows up because you hear this boom, Boom, BOOM, B-O-O-M, and their car is expanding and contracting from the sound waves! Is it any wonder they can't hear you in public when you try to warn them they are about to step in a pile of baby pu*e in the isle in front of them or that they are about to walk into a door that is a pull IN to open it!!! I'm sorry, but young people nowadays are, for the most part, a sad, SAD, bunch of people!! They have NO IDEA what goes on in the real world and could care less! Then, someday, when Reality finally does sink in, I can see it now, "WHY ME? WHAT DID "I" DO??? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cry:
    Well, all I can say is "Welcome to the REAL World BASSHOLE! }:)<VWEG>/Very Wicked Evil Grin!
    Seems like common courtesy is gone or never been taught! The passwords of courtesy; "please" and "thank you", are out the window!!
    Maybe it's just me getting old and senile, but my wife and I did NOT raise our kids like that!
    Oh I could really get going on this, but I am going to stop before I really get going because I don't want to be here all night typing on one subject and I don't want to use up everyone's screen ink!
    But Brothers and Sisters, I could tell you a "few" too. Maybe over a campfire, or out on the water while waiting for a "BIGGUNN" to bite, during OUR Sept. Get-to-Gether we can get this topic going again?
    For now, just know that I am 100% agreeing with many of ya's!
    Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post. For now...]]]]]

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Bud, I guarantee if you lock the brakes up because you got a tailgater, best scenario, you'll get a ticket and your insurance premium will go up. It would be your fault. He may get a ticket for following too close, you'll get the unsafe movement violation.
    Worst case scenario, you let your own unmanageable anger control you into slamming on the brakes. The tailgater is maimed for the rest of his life and his passenger killed, or worse yet, a car not even involved in yalls dispute turns out to be an innocent dead victim.
    There aint enough insurance in the world to get out from under that.
    You couldnt buy a cigarette lighter without it being taken.

18. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    OK, since you called me out on this one.

I was only picking fun, and would never deliberately lock up my brakes, just because of a crazy tailgater. Trust me, I KNOW the law my friend. If anything, I will slow way down and pull over to the right so they can pass. Yes I do get a little angry sometimes just like everyone else, but, that doesn't mean I have to act like a fool...Gheeeze....

19. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I have never locked my brakes up for a tailgater, but I have pushed the pedal just enough to make the brakelights come on using my left foot. People get the idea real fast and back off a little or go around, either is fine with me, my speed never changes.

20. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    If people don't respect that kinda weight rolling down the road then I would think it's just a matter of time for them.