Road Kills in PA

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by tbartek, Jun 1, 2006.

1. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Man oh man, have people in other areas been seeing as many road killed deer in the past few weeks as I have in Central PA:sad2:

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm not from that area, but I know 20 yrs ago(!) my aunt lived in Wisconsin. We went to visit & saw a lot of deer. She said that was the #1 cause of accidents on the highways up there, was collisions with deer. And yet, their hunting season at that time was only 9 DAYS LONG!! Go figure! We're the big bad menace to society by killing those deer! I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what kind of response you get. Interesting...

3. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I live in North Carolina.We have a lot of deer here in our back yard.My wife has been making videos of them.We just started seeing deer here in our yard last year.It getting to be a coman thing to see dead deer on the hyways here.
    I also see a lot of dead deer on the road in South Carolina.I saw a big doe standing on the side of the road on my way to work today.It seem like deer have lost their fear of man.

:cat:

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    last saturday I counted 7 dead deer on route 78 from exit 57 to ext 8 & back again. (5 west bound, 2 east bound) 6 were does and one was a buck with alot of fuzzy head gear for this time of year. this time of year the does are spreading out getting ready to calve. this is why theres so many stains on the road this time of year. that and the farmers around this part of pa are cutting some of the alphalfa. they might be scaring a few out of the fields and into the highway but not as many as those looking for a place to drop a fawn. Im in allentown pa, 20 min drive from easton.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Where I live there are always tons of deer dead on the side of the road. One day I was up very early duck hunting and I had more close calls than I care to remember.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I'm seeing alot here in New Jersey as well. Partly due to the decrease in hunters and more and more development.

7. BamaCats

BamaCats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Having lived most of my life in NJ, & driven most of the major highways in PA, I always thought the Road Kill Cafe' was open year round!

Bamacat's wife - Lisa

8. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I live in Mississippi and I've bent up 3 pickups running over deer and the meat is so blood shot you can't eat it.

9. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    I know all "deer" states have a lot of road kill but in the past few weeks its been extreme. I drive 35 miles to work every morning and on a stretch of Route 22 of about 25 miles there has been 8 killed in the last two weeks!

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    In the next county over from here the news reported that there were 133 deer REPORTED killed on the roads in one month and it wasn't even the rut. And we don't have the traffic you have up there. My family lives in the Poconos, (Brodsheadsville), and every time I go up there the deer are dead all over the roads. It's sad.

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Here we put signs along the roads so the dee know where to cross at. lol
    The coyotes push them out of the woods around western Indiana.

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, I used to hunt next to one of those signs but every time I got ready to shoot, a car got in the way. LOL