road course ringers

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jun 23, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    :smile2::smile2:lmfao. what a joke:smile2::smile2:

just like the open wheel big boys. hahaha. better hit the x-box fellas. im appauled.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Said hurt me in the Fantasy points this week...:angry:......I agree with you Jeremy, can you believe that???:crazy::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    they did not do much but take a few regulars out of some points. ya they need some simulation time.:smile2:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Totally agree with you on that!!! They screwed some good regular drivers up pretty bad.:crazy::wink::sad2:

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    actually you boys are missing it, bigtime...............the ringers are much better than the na$car regs on road courses(that is a general statement). that being said, no reg is gonna cut a ringer some slack. the ringers have to drive a car for a na$car race like this once or twice a year. the regs do it 36 times a year in those cars. look at what ambrose did in the 21 car. the woods brothers have struggled a bunch of late...so much so that they enlisted bill elliots' help behind the wheel. ambrose had great practice times, and he did damn good in the race...right up 'til a reg took him out of contention.

robby gordon is a "ringer" and a "reg"...he also doesn't get any courtesy on the track......................you boys must be watching a different race than me:wink:...next time tell me what channel you are watching so we can be on the same page:smile2:

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Ambrose runs the Nationwide Series which gives him a lot more seat time. Said would have done a lot better if mechanical failures hadn't happened.
    Nobody cut anybody any slack, reg. or ringer, their not supposed to. It boils down to Nascar seat time and luck. None of them except Ambrose had either one of them and had bad luck at the end. I'd have loved to see Said do better! R. Gordon doesn't deserve any courtesy, he never gives anybody any. When Ambrose got into him it wasn't his fault, Robby's spotter should have let him know Ambrose was coming fast on the inside and Gordon got in his way.....:smile2::smile2::smile2:,,,IMO, it was robby's spotter's fault! Not Ambrose's...
    I watched the race at Infineon on TNT...What about you? :wink::smile2:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i mean these guys come in and the regs (some of the lower teams) get to sit at home because of it. (possibaly loosing the top 35) because of it. i have no problem with it but why not try every week. thats wha i dont get.

like when jr went to daytona and dega to race busch. to me its like beating up the little guy. jr went down to them races just because he knew he had about a 90% shot of winning.

what in saying is i think its funny when these guys come to win and most finish in the back, hahaha.

robby races every week. so to me IMO hes a reg. not a one race guy.

and maybe a reg should take em out. maybe thell get the hint. race week to week or get out of my league and my way.:smile2::wink:

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Scott Pruett tried to run a full schedule several years ago and failed miserably. Also P.J. Jones tried too and just couldnt cut it.

Boris Said has been hired by a few teams lately to teach the REGS how to run a road course and gives away his knowledge and competitive edge. Couple of his students include Kasey Kahne and Jamie McMurray.

Ron Fellows and Brian Simo only run the road courses when teams hire them to help in car owner points. Max Papis is just now getting in on this too.

Your true Nascar Regs/road course ringers are Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart and Robby Gordon. However, Robby does not have the wins or championships as do Jeff and Tony.

The real joke is the open wheel aces like Juan Montoya, Sam Hornish Jr, Dario Franchitti and Patrick Carpentier. What have they done lately?

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

exactly.

ya feff and tony robbie are road racers. but im not sure if i like the guys that just do watkins and sears point, infi whatever. but as long as teams and owners hire em in its gonna be.

maybe there should be a 10 race min at seasons open. but folks like carl long wouldnt be able to get in on a show. i dont know. maybe is a fan thing. i just hate seeing points full season guys sidlined by some "im a road course king" just to see him fumble and finish 39th. while the regular season guys loose valuable pionts sitting at home. but i guess if ya cant qualify go home. oh well.