Riverside area

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Mudcat Hunter, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Mudcat Hunter

Mudcat Hunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went out last weekend and fought the wind. Shad are scarce, if you see one hittin, throw the net, you only get one shot then they're gone. A few whites here and there. A few people got lucky and hit them just right and caught a few. I didnt, and couldnt find a catfish to save my life. Still working out new boat issues (mainly depth finder at this point), by the time it gets warm i'll be ready! Will probably be a few weeks before i get to go back out, but i dont think i'll be missing anything.

2. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    People here have been limiting out on the whites aroung the 164 marker. Also been getting good limits here in the cove but not quite as big of fish.
    Been tearing the blues up in about 3 to 2 ft. of water around stick-ups on shad and cut perch.
    Hoping to see u soon.

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    you guys in the riverside area should be catching a lot of fish now. someone over there put up some posts and let us know.

4. miloph

miloph New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don`t know about Riverside, but their biting decent at the mouth of the Trinity on Lake Livingston on shad and cut carp, in about 6` of water. Nothing huge but plenty in the 5 to 10 # range. Good luck!

5. Mudcat Hunter

Mudcat Hunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went last weekend for just a couple hours and fished in a cove close to thomas lake and couple places just off the river and didnt get anything but a buffalo. I'm really ticked at Lowrance right now about my depth finder and hope to get a trolling motor on this weekend, tired of fightin the wind. Taking me forever to get the boat fixed up!

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am gonna be fishing around riverside and white rock creek all next week. if you are out let me know and i will let you know if i find any fish. i have a friend up there right now fishing. we will mainly be after sandbass and bluecats.

7. Coleman

Coleman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Is Bells Camp still there? You might be a redneck if you have ever drank a cold one at Bells Camp. And I qualify.