Rivers - Where are Blue Catfish Mainly Caught?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by JMarrs328, Feb 12, 2006.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Are blues mostly caught in rivers? Are there blues in the Susquehanna river? Any info is greatly appreciated!!

2. rasimmons

rasimmons Guest

well i do not know about the susquehanna but when fishing the mississippi river i usally catch twice as many blues as i do channel and flatties combined but out of the lakes i go to i catch mostly channels ....... man i gotta start trying to catch more flatties this year

3. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I didn't start fishing for catfish untill this past summer, so I'm not sure if they live in the Susquehanna river either! I caught a blue looking catfish and it may have been a blue, but i only caught one!!! I almost always catch channels!!!

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Uh, Josh, I don't exactly know how to tell you this, but (psst) that ain't no bluecat you're holding in your avatar. Just kidding...have you looked on the Penn. forum? I've seen discussion there pertaining to the susquehanna.
    If you need some help identifying your fish, check out the ID charts in our library @ http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557&highlight=chart
    Hope this will help. Glad to have you onboard.

5. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    98% of what we catch in the Miss river here in Baton Rouge are blues. We have less than 2 handfuls of flatties, and only a single channel to our credit. We have also had 1 gar and 1 bukkhead.