RIVERS ARE OPEN AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RIVER-RAT, Sep 23, 2008.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I just got off the phone with Melvin Price lock master and he said the tail waters are open again! I also spoke to the Coast Guard and they confirmed it! The tail waters are at 14.10 and still falling! Look out blues cause here I come!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    That's good to hear Bill thanks.There's a gathering this sunday down at weldonsprings if anyone is interested.:009::go::0a22::0a23:

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Glad the water levels are back down. In that case, I might be down below Alton down snagging asian carp from the bank this Saturday if anybody stops by. My truck is a white 2005 Ranger with a Mathews sticker on the top middle of the back window.

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    let us know if ya do any good.

If so i might have to make a trip to rid the water of a few slime bags.

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I just remember I had to go to a family reunion Saturday so I guess the asian carp get a free pass this weekend. :confused2:

6. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So do you kill the Asian Carp just to thin them or have you tried to eat them? If so are they any good?

7. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I had a buddy that ate them and he said they are very good except they are a pain to clean.I prefer them for bait instead.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    And lets not forget that it is illegal here in MO, to not kill them.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I much prefer them as bait then tablefare as well. Cant say I ever tried them as food, because I cant get over the smell of the rotten things to ever even try to eat them. :crazy:

Like Kutter said, its agains the law to use them as live bait, transport them alive, etc etc.

By the way, the kittens on the Mississippi have been known to ravage a nice slice of asian carp on many occasions. Not only that, you dont have to worry about your bait coming off. Grumper caught 7 fish on the same piece of bait earlier this year. Now thats getting your moneys worth :smile2: