River's a comm'n up

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cross_their_eyes, Aug 15, 2005.

1. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    About time we have a little water to work with. I here the Mighty Missouri will head up three or so feet. Hope this turn the bites up :cool:

2. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm hoping it'll turn them on aswell. I'll find out tonight.

3. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    Good luck man, I'm hopng to get out one evening this week too!

4. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Miss. been really low too. Good fishin in the fast water around dikes though. Shad are easy to get.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Fishing was REAL slow on Saturday. The JMH emergency room wasnt. Be carefull on the rock walls guys. I had a spectacular wipe out that landed me enough thread in my shin to spool a reel with. I've thought about picking up some shin guards. :crying: I suspect the bite will pick up once the water level stabilizes. Seems the big fish go a little stagnant when the water levels are moving. I'll be out there next week. I caught the 60 pounder in my profile pic last week. Of course, hes still swimming out there somewhere. Maybe hell gain 30 or 40 pounds in the next few years and I'll get him again. Good Luck to all.

6. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    I just got this info off the USGS site. I can't believe this is all they are predicting for MO river levels. It's rained three day here in St. Charles. The forcast go out five days.

Station Fs Today 08/16 08/17 08/18 08/19 08/20

Missouri River
    Jefferson City 6.7 8.5 8.6 9.0 8.2 6.7
    Hermann....... 4.6 5.2 6.7 6.8 6.9 5.8
    Washington... 1.8 2.0 3.3 4.0 4.2 3.7
    St. Charles.... 8.1 8.3 9.1 10.2 10.6 10.5

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks for the information Bill.

8. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I just got back from looking at the big piney and it is up maybe 6"

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Where is Saint Robert Missouri?

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hey, my turn, my turn, my turn! Don't get greedy, let us have a shot at him. LOL

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Okay Okay Kutter. Hes yours. I'm done with that MINNOW anyway. I'm after the 100 pound fish. LMAO :D

12. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    I would say that as of wednesday the missouri is up at least 2 feet. I put into the moroeu river,and it is up everybit of 2 feet. Hopefully the fishing is good.

13. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    Looks as if the Missouri and local rivers will crest tomorrow (Friday) from the KC area to around Booneville and start a slow desend. Were supposed to top out Saturday/Sunday here in St. Charles about three feet higher than it was last weekend.

14. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The river is about what it was like before the rain. Although its still lower then average. It's raining right now north of KC so it just might go up a little. I don't think it will go up all that much but I heard rain this weekend.

15. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    the river was up another foot -foot and a half as of yesterday, and there is a lot of debris in the water, logs and crap.

16. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    Went out Sat. caught some shad and drift-fished. No go...Rivers moving just way to fast. My trolling motor just didn't keep the boat slow enough and I ran the motor for a while but was going through way too much gas. I'll have to give it some thought. Did catch a few nice Shad with the throw net and had some nice bites from the dikes.

17. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Bill, were you able to locate any of those bigger shad you like to use?

18. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    Dave, caught a few shad but small...2-3 inchers w/ an occational 3-4 incher. I REALLY want to know how to catch the big ones. 1/4 pounders! heck, I'd settle for a few 7 or 8 inchers!

19. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Bill, I fished with a guide at Truman Lake. He told me it was critical to let your cast net go to the bottom. Of course you have to know the area to avoid snags. His bait tank was full of 6-8" shad. He goes out early in the morning and late in the evening when the water is calm below Truman Dam. Maybe this will help!

20. cross_their_eyes

State:
    Show Me State
    Thanks everyone! catmankev, I don't usually let it go to the bottom in the fast current of the Missouri but I'll try it behind the dykes in the slack waters.
    Thanks!