Riverratsc's Rod Holders

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by Whistler, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Original posts made by Thomas Constant(Riverratsc) on September 30, 2003

Multiple posts were combined to make this post.

I needed away to keep my rods off the floor of my boat, so I looked at the beat way to go about it. Finally I came up with a cheap and e-z way to do so. And if any one wants to ask me about what I came up with just ask.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I made it so that I could move it around or up and down. The pvc pipe is for my rods to stand up when I'm motoring from place to place or I can stick my net in the center holes because I left it were I could take the pipes out. And the other rod holders I can take them off as well. I think it will work for the reason I made either way.

One more pic of the main bolt that holds it on the boat.
    [​IMG]

Oh I forgot to mention that if I unscrew the wingnut on one of them I can run it down the side of my boat. The bases that are for a DuraCraft can be moved to either side not just across the back. I'll make a pic later to show you what I mean.

Here's the veiw of the rod holders on the side of the boat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its good to have friends that are welders.
    That how I got my nut welded to the base.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I thought I'd add these pictures of the base of my rod holder setup in the previous post. These pictures should clear up many of the questions I've been asked in PM's. Don't hesitate to PM me for info, but these are just to make it a bit more easy to understand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]