RiverKat on M.O.O.D. - Grand River

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by Angler Management, May 15, 2007.

1. Angler Management

Angler Management New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Wanted to let everyone know, there'll be a feature on fishing the Grand River this week on Michigan Out-of-Doors TV show. Dan hosted the night of fishing and we got skunked. No, just kidding, we put the hurt on some nice cats on what Dan considered a slow night. I'd love to see a fast night!!!

Anyway, check it out if you can stomach the guys in the other boat. Couldn't keep up with the sweet jet RiverKat has but we got into some good fishing as well.

Thanks again Dan and enjoy the show.

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to it.
    Tell me, are you scoring on any Flatheads yet?
    Sparky

3. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Gabe wouldn't know a flathead if it came up and sat in his lap...course neither would I. LOL

When is MOOD on? And what channel? I will have to see if I can get the tinfoil on my rabbit ears to cooperate.:roll_eyes:

4. Angler Management

Angler Management New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Flatheads are those guys that don't own their own boat, bum onto trips and take free meals whenever they're offered, right? If not, I'm not sure what Sparky's referring to.

I have to confess though, Steve's exactly right, I haven't caught one yet but I have had a couple sleepless nights looking for them. I'm gettin' the itch again to try though and it shouldn't be long until the real flathead fishermen let me know they are hitting. That's when I go over and single handedly shut the bite down. "Shoulda been here yesterday" should be my boat's name.

5. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Now thats funny!:lol: Tried some flathead fishing Monday night. Not happening yet. Ran into a few dinky channels is all. Won't be long though. Keep your ears on.

Dan

6. mich dave

mich dave New Member

State:
    Otisville
    I saw the show. What a great day on the river. Now drag them out for a flathead trip. One thing I did'nt get (to many kids running around) is telling the diff. from male and female. GOOD JOB.

7. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Dave, a female channel cat normally has a smaller mouth in relation to it's head. Also they are the pretty ones that are often called " Silver Cats " The tops of their heads are usually smooth and angled forward toward the tip of the nose. A male channel cat is more bluish/gray in color and has a wide mouth that can be fleshy in the corners. The top of a males head is the dead give away. He'll have 2 distinct bumps on either side of a distinct ridge down the middle. These are powerfull jaw muscles. The closer we get to spawning the darker and uglier the males get.

Dan

8. topdawg

topdawg New Member

State:
    michigan
    i am pretty new to fishing on rivers and i was wondering if you had any suggestions on fishing the grand river and some good spots to go to hunt for cat.