RIVERDAWG1 Is The Whitetail MAN!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by flathead willie, Oct 7, 2008.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Last year Chip invited me to go on a hunt with him in the pouring rain. I've always liked bow hunting more than .........well, anything! he took me to a place I had driven by 20,000 times. A place where a natural spring comes out of the mountain and people have come for hundreds of years to get drinking water. During gun season we hit another place I had never been. As soon as the sun came up, there were deer and turkey everywhere. Chip shot a HUGE doe, and I shot an average one. Before this, I had only known Riverdawg1 as an on line BOC brother. We sat in the rain for 4-5 hours that afternoon, and I wound up sticking a doe, which we couldn't find because of the heavy rainfall, and thick cover.
    Last Saturday he took me to a great place with deer sign everywhere. Chip saw 22 deer in one day! I saw 4 deer and 14 turkeys. It was what some call a Blue Bird Day, the weather was beautiful, although a bit warm. I didn't get a deer opening day, but I did learn something; If Riverdawg1 is talking about Whitetail Deer, ya'll better listen!!!:wink::smile2:

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    thanks billie. i'm heading out in a few minutes to the same spot for a couple hours before work. i'm going to hunt somewhere thurs afternoon, montvale or mtn pass if you want to meet up. i'll go somewhere sat too.
    chip

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck hunting. It sounds like he really put you on the deer

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good Luck Fellas & be careful & safe! ITS TIME!

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds like meat in the freezer. Be safe out there. :wink:

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Good luck, be safe and put them down!!:wink:

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I may have to shoot a part in the movie we're doing on Thursday but I'd love to get out and hunt on Saturday. I'll get back with you.