Rivercatsc+Bearfrog1+Swamprat=Good Time

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatsc, Jun 3, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I had the privelage of having Swamprat and Bearfrog1 aboard my boat Sunday night to try out the kitties on Pee Dee River. We started out with a bang catching a nice 8lb blue before getting all the rods out in the 1st hole. We ended up putting 6 fish in the boat(4 blues,2 flatties) and we had a great time. Started fishing around 7pm and was back at the hill by around 3pm. Bearfrog is VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SCAREDDDDDDDDDDDDDD of live eels and me and Swamprat had a ball throwing between his feet and giving him a hard time about it. It was nice to meet you guys and get to know yall and you are welcome back aboard anytime. Oh yeah if you ever go fishing with Bearfrog dont worry as long as he has whiteee you will catch fish.LOL:wink:

2. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I had a great time too meeting and fishing with Brian and James. Great people.
    Yeah I'm petrified of anything that resembles a snake. I did make some breakthroughs by the end of the night. I was able to unbait the dead eels from my hooks. AAGGGGHHHHH. Now about Whitey; this is my lucky catfish rod that for some reason will ALWAYS outcatch my other 15 rod reel combos. No idea why either. They joked about him at first calling him 'cracker' or something and bam, 3 fish later they was singing his praises. I got this white rod for $20 and put an Ambassador 7000 on it. Nothing else special. Had the rod now 6 years.
    Anyways, I had a great time and hope to fish with them again.
    Jonathan
    Bearfrog1@yahoo.com

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad y'all had fun! Always a good time on James' boat!! :)
    BB in SC

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to hear you all had fun, and had some success fishing congrats on the catches, its always a fun day when your catching fish keep up the good work and keep us posted on how the rest of your fishing trips go.

5. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    sounds like you had a great trip. nice catch !!!!!!! Now you all know how i came too give him the nickname ( CAPT'N SPAZZZZZZ ) lol

6. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    From what I read you guy's had a lot of fun. That's great you were able to get together and have a good fishing trip.

7. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i had a good time fishing with james and johnathan sunday night. we caught some pretty good fish and had a ball laughing at ol' bearfrog (AKA the flatheads start biting at 3:00) and the eels. im ready to go back anytime with those two. oh and next time bearfrog how about bringing two of them whitey rods so maybe we can double our catch!!!!!! BTW james, how did the show turn out??

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Brian we are going Thursday. I will let yall know how it goes.

9. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Hey 3am was the time on a fulllmoon June night in 2006 when I got my personal best 42lb flathead, so I'll stick to what I know..lol

10. countryboy1616

countryboy1616 New Member

State:
    Darlington, S.C.
    James sounds like you guys had a great time ! Anyone know how to find out the river level of the pee dee before I drive all the way from Lamar only to find out it's too low ?

Rohn

11. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    42 s a nice fish-keep up the good work