Riverboat Rebuild

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by bigcatman0001, Jul 9, 2008.

1. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I have this 14ft Crestliner Flatbottom boat. I am planning to completly redo the inside and outside. First I was wondering if anyone knew if the middle seat can be removed without compromising the integrity of the boat. I also plan on building a few decks in the boat. All the supports will be aluminum angle. I was wondering where to possibly find fiberglass sheets to build the decks. I had plywood decks and carpet, but want to find something lighter. Any other suggestions on a lighter material would be great to. Ill make sure and keep some pics of the boat comming.

Attached Files:

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne

3. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Great looking work, I like the hatches you used on the deck were did you get those at?

4. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
  5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great project. Cant' wait to see it

6. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Finally got the boat ripped apart and all the holes braized up. Im getting ready to cut the alluminum for the bottom deck and get it installed next. Here are some pics of the boat striped down and primed on the inside. I also have some styrofoam pannels cut to give me a little more flotation.

Attached Files:

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So by now, you've probably noticed that...yes removing the middle seat does weaken the hull. Depending on what you do with the front deck, you can stiffen the hull back up. We put a high, long deck in front, and made aluminum brackets to tie the deck in with the sides of the hull. Your project looks good to me so far. Keep us updated.

8. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I actually contacted crestliner and the guy I spoke with said the middle seat is an option and the only diffrence is they have to move one of the ribs an inch back to add the seat. He actually said no reinforcement was needed, but a floor would more than make up for what I have removed.:smile2: