RIVERBEND TOURNAMENT TRAIL THIS WEEKEND

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hello all, just a quick reminder that our Tournament Director Justin Wolfe (Eflow) is kicking off the Riverbend Tournament Trail this Saturday the 12th. Grumper and I will be there trying to best our famous one pounder :smile2:

Even if you cant fish it, Justin would greatly appreciate the support from the Club Members in the form of help in the morning, or just coming to watch the weigh in. You can get information on the Riverbend tournament in Partners In Catfishing Riverbend Section.

Well see some of you all there.

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Team Robinson plans on floating by...............lol

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well be glad to see Team Robinson too. Should be a good one.

Side Note, Willieman you should submit that 12 pound Channel Cat into the BOC Missouri Section Hall Of Fame. Same Goes for Linus. You guys will get a medal for the board and set the bar for all the Channel Cat folks out there. Those were both great fish you two caught. Channels that big are rare on the Mississippi anymore. Dont cost a penny. Lets set the example in Missouri for the rest of the folks to aspire too. :wink:

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Will do, Never thought of that. I have to find out what Eric did with the picture I cant find it

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sorry to laugh Willie, I simply can't help it.:smile2: I been there too bro., it happens.

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Thanks guys for getting the word out. I will be needing a little help in the morning with livewell cks., sign up and parking attendants. If you want to help out in the morning give me a call, PM me, our just be down there around 3:30ish.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good luck Justin, hope you have a good turnout. We will not be able to attend this one.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'll be there at 3 ish Justin. I hope there is power available. I'm bringin the BIG coffee pot :smile2:

9. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Thanks Darryl, i hope we do to, sorry you can't make this one but thats we have more than one so i'll see you at the next. Congrats on your finish last week thats a damm good showing for your 1st tourny ever!!

10. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Yes sir we always tap into the Marina's power supply:wink:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    OK OK, I might be there at 2 then. :roll_eyes: Were looking forward to fishing it Justin. Should be a good one if the weather will cooperate.

12. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Weather, don't ya just love it!!!!! I starting to believe Mother Nature is trying to tell me something?????

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ah no worries. So Kutter would like to catch a weigh in every now and then. :smile2: I'll have the frog toggs available. Grump and are honestly looking forward to it rain or shine. We havnt fished the Missouri much so were gonna give that a whirl even if we dont catch a fish. :smile2:

14. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    :wink::wink::wink: oh i would say your looking in the right direction :wink::wink::wink: but you didn't hear it from me :smile2::cool2:

15. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    How can I lock through without a radio? never done it before. Or can I drive around to the dam? If this 20hp holds up I might hit Mo. river also. I got alot of flathead holes in them parts.
    Do you guys know what time bluff city tackle opens?

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck everyone, i'll be doing the youth turkey hunt/camping trip thing this weekend.

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Willie, trailering is allowed. You can go anywhere you want. But hey guys I wouldnt listen to Justin. The Missouri aint no good. Bad, real bad.

18. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Best Wishes to RiverBend Tournament Trail and all the anglers this Saturday. I hope you guys have a great turn out.

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

As Bob said Willie you can trailer to another ramp, or if you want to lock down you'll just need to pull up to the top of the lock wall chamber and pull the chain on the wall. There should be a sign that says Small Craft or something like that. Wait for the light to turn green and the horn blast which indicates its safe to enter the lock chamber. Same goes for exiting the lock. If the dam is like it was a couple of weeks ago, all the locks were open and the river was flowing freely through it and they wouldnt allow locking. A quick call to the Mel Price Lock Master should clear that up for you.

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Willie, look at this thread

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38893

to familiarize yourself with locking through. The only thing is that they usually don't have you tie off but we were requested to throw up lines once when locking through Clarksville dam so have a long rope just in case.

Its really not a big deal once you have done it a few times, kinda fun the first few times.:smile2: