riverbend results

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by eflow, May 10, 2009.

1. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Guys i should have the results from yesterdays Riverbend tournament soon. They are very impressive to say the least.

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    well hurry up.. Some of us had to work and couldn't be there.. And Billybob wouldn't answer my text yesterday to let me know anything.. Just cause he got skunked doesn't mean he could tell me nothin.. hehehe Ya know I luv ya Bill... lol

3. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    OUCH! Damm Harold calm down i'm on it and I woluld be careful w/ the word skunk around Bill he may act like a gentle giant but i'm sure he could sqeeze your head off if he's motivated.

4. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    ya ,what you said he dident look real happy at the weigh in!

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Can you define 'soon'?

Still not seeing anything in the Riverbend Section?:0a28:

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm in no hurry to to see them results! :sad2::roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

I just don't understand it...I absolutely hammered the fish Thursday night / Friday morning....Come Saturday morning, I have a plan and was equipped with all the appropriate knowledge, bait and tackle that worked a short 24 hours earlier.

"What a difference a day makes"....That quote pretty much sums up my whole day on Saturday...everything that was working Friday morning certainly wasn't Saturday. All the spots I caught fish had suddenly become "ghost towns" that haunted me all day!:confused2::angry: I was getting so confused and frustrated following my "plan" to fish those spots that the fish WERE in the day before that I stopped being a fisherman. I became angry that those darn fish for running off on me and not following the "plan"!

Due to the fact that I became angry that the "plan" was falling apart, it clouded my judgement and the fisherman instinct within me. For some damn reason I refused to pitch the "plan" and refer to my fisherman instinct and it cost me dearly. My pride had taken a direct hit and it hurt...:roll_eyes:

So.....after suffering an embarressing skunk-ola...I have decided to install safety barriers to prevent myself from falling prey to my own "plan"! :big_smile:

These safety barriers are meant to keep me on track with my fisherman instinct and ability to find hungry fish....which I am normally able to do when I am fishing for my own self gratification.
    1. 1) - Absolutely NO fishing a week prior to tournament day (one thing that I have brought over from my powerlifting days:big_smile:)
    2. 2) - When going out for bait, LEAVE poles at home!!!! Fishing is like a narcotic and I know I am a weak weak man..(no will power at all! :tounge_out:) If fishing poles and bait are in the boat....I KNOW I will definately wet a line and end up falling into that rut of failure come tournament day.
    3. 3) - Don't get stressed! I was getting stressed out and I know that was a leading factor in losing my fishing instinct....relax and continue to have fun, after all it's fishing and I LOVE it!!

I will see if this list of safety barriers are just bologne or they will actually save me from suffering a very traumatic blow to my pride and ego!! :smile2::smile2::smile2: I will have to wait till June 20th to see...

7. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    It'll be OK Rat!:wink:

It happens. We'll forget your skunkfest in a couple years!

Just kidding! Ha Ha! See the smilie! --------> :smile2:

Please don't kill me! I just modded my boat and haven't taken the maiden voyage yet.:eek:oooh:

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Bill don't feel too bad you aren't the only one who had a hard time finding them on Saturday.:sad2:

9. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I talked to a lot of people there who got skunked or caught one small fish.

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    You shoulda saved that 90 pounder for the tournament. :wink:

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    No fishing for an ENTIRE WEEK before tourney time...thats gonna be tough. :wink:

Depending on how many you fish a year that is going to put a real dent in your days on the water. If tournament fishing drove me to that I would have to reconsider why it is I fish...

I think your instinct to trust your instincts is spot on though. Better luck next time man

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'd nix the no pre-fishing rule also. Just concentrate on mixing it up a little sooner when the plan isn't working. I have the same problem changing tactics.

We can start a support group to cure our inability to be flexible.:smile2:

13. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Don't worry Bill that was my first time getting skunked in a tourny in a long time....Tough day of fishing...I marked fished just couldnt get them to bite...Either you were on them or you wasnt, and me and u my freind were not on them......

Im heading out in a few hours to seek revenge......

14. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I thought that "everybody" caught their limit? Sounds like an overzealous Stumpjumper to me....:wink:

I know I was on the fast track to nowhere.

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    No worries Ratman. Me, Grumper and Ole Jer got the dam dreaded white stripe handed to us Saturday as well. We set up on a couple of spots that I would have bet a paycheck on producing, and NOTHING. ZILCHO. :cool2: Its easy when you have a bad streak to blame yourself, your equipment, and techniques, however you cant think that way. I just chalk it up to the fish wouldnt eat, and sooner rather than later, there little kitten lips will be mine. So let it be written, so let it be done. :cool2:

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I see your even having a hard time finding your avatar.:wink:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I agree completely, it's the very reason I don't like to fish tournaments myself. I did notice you didn't finish the sentence, however. Here, I'll finish it for you.

"If tournament fishing drove me to that I would have to reconsider why it is I fish tournaments.":wink:

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I forgot to mention another reason I don't like to fish them, is because I prefer to compete against myself.
    Course he cheats!
    I do not!
    You do too and besides, you've never caught a fish bigger than mine!!!

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

Wow... Tom go take your meds...........hehehe jk

20. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    There were some nice fish and respectable weights posted for this tournament, it looked like it was an all or nothing type of tournament. I suppose if I had fished it, I'd be on the nothing side of it. However, I did have a decent morning of fishing Sunday, had to scratch that itch after seeing all those fish. :smile2: