river

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kentucky chris, Jul 30, 2008.

1. kentucky chris

kentucky chris New Member

State:
    kentucky
    There is a river that we camp at several times during the year and I have lost probably 30 dollars worth of hooks and sinkers casting out into it. I have a feeling there is a bunch of rocks on the bottom of it that I am getting hung up on. Also, is there anywhere where I can buy 1/2 ounce egg sinkers in bulk?

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I live by this rig in rocky areas. Mainline(80pd braid) to barrel swivel. Hook leader (80 lb braid) to the same eye of the swivel. On the other eye I use 25 lb mono to tie my weights on. I actually plan on them getting snagged.Called a sacrifice rig.

If you keep your line tight after the weight hits it will keep your hook and such out of the rocks as long as your sacrifice line is long enough. Use a biggo hookset and real in fast with your pole up whether you caught one or not and all you'll lose is your weight.

3. kentucky chris

kentucky chris New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks alot, I'm new here and I love all the information and people.

4. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    No problem. Another thought might be a float rig depending on current and structure and such.

5. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    being that muddy in ur avatar i dont see the problem it looks like u get all ur snags out by divin in id take u fishin anytime to get my snags :big_smile: