River Water temps

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by JAinSC, Oct 7, 2008.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I searched the USGS streamflow website for water temps for the Edisto. I wasn't able to find any stations for my section of the river that include temperature, but did find one for the Pee Dee near Bucksport. I know that's a bit below the area some of you guys fish, but I thought it would still be interesting.

I suspect that the real fast drop in temp during the second half of September might have shocked some of the fish into a bad mood, but the slight warming and stable temps over the last week or so ought to have a good bite going.

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I started to write the USGS folks the other night and tell them that it would be beneficial if they could provide a water temperature reading, along with the levels reading. It would be (I suppose) real cheap and simple to install a temperature sensor at each station. Wonder why in the heck they used a Celsius reading on that chart? This ain't Europe!

Bill in SC

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Don't you know? That Celcius scale is all us scientifical type folks ever use!

Yeah. They only have temp on like one out of every 10 or 20 stations. I wish they had it on more - like all of them!