River v.s lake!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, May 6, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I stayed at home tonight to fish the river. Thought i did great with my local buddy. the temp. was 64 deg. when we started, 61 when we left. I caught a 9.5 pound channel. my buddy hit on a 6 pounder. I also caught a 10.2 flathead, and had a largemouth around 12-14 in. get a run, that i set into that run drag for 10yrds. or more before the hook pulled. felt like a 20 plus, just by guessing by past fish. I could have hit Salt Fork with my other buddy, but didn't...... he caught a 48 tonight. makes me sick! could have been mine!:lol: he has payed his dues though ,and im proud of him. so who actually won tonight? me with the most, or him? i would rather be him!!:lol: they are hit'in boys you need to go!!!!!

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Well, I opted for the lake and caught... well.... lots of bait. :embarassed:

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    My brother and I are leaning towards salt fork for monday night. I'll take a look at the river though just to make sure lol.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    he caught a dandy. for some reason he would rather go to salt fork, then fish the muskingum this weekend..? i don't get it.. he has caught more on the muskingum...i don't know why he thinks the lake is better? ... he only caught one fish that night!...???:cool2:

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Congrats on the fish. Lake action is really heating up now from the sound of things. I'll be trying Charles Mill for some Flatties next weekend. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
    Channels are biting good all over right now. We should have a good weigh-in at Shreve Saturday night.

6. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Rollo:
    Who won? You both did ! I would rather go fishing and catch some dinks then not to go at all ! We all wanna catch monsters. They will come, ya just have to be there to get em !

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks for the support guys. i now understand there really isn't any loser. i caught a few fish, he caught A fish. WE are heading to Salt Fork tomorrow night:lol: