River updates due to the rain

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by NCHawghunter, Apr 5, 2008.

1. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
    How about it folks? How are the rivers looking in your area of the state? With all this rain, The Dan River, and The Haw River seem to be flowing a little too hard to fish right now. I had plans of heading down towards the Cape Fear this weekend but I'm not wanting to make the trip if the water is moving too good.

2. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    hey brother i rather fish the neuse in high water it seems to turn the fish on i never caught a big fish here in low water ,but it totaly different on the cape fear i like it low.here a site you can see all the lake and river levels updated hourlyepec.saw.usace.army.mil/neuse.htm

3. hoghandlernc1

hoghandlernc1 New Member

State:
    NC
    Yeah I fished the Neuse yesterday and it had a good current, not too strong. I had a good day, caught several blues between 5-10 lbs on live minnows. Like CatfishGary said, I never have any luck on the Neuse when its down.

4. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Well Brad I dunno about any other rivers in NC right now but the Deep River (one of the 2 major tributaries to the cape fear) is up....... way up. Went to breakfast this morn and the river runs just behind the diner and its carrying some swift current today! Might just take out my heavy weights and go burn up the day fishing!

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The rivers here are pretty high beacuse of all the rain weve had the last couple of days

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    River is way up on the fear with alot of stuff floating along in the current from the storms/

7. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    the neuse would be ok the closer you get to new bren but back up toward cow pen and spring garden its waaaaaayyyy up and running hard. may go behind hatteras in that area friday morning, will post results if any.:wink:

8. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    went behind hatteras lastnite. had a few hits but no luck with'm, wind wouldnt lay down at all. front moving in must have had them shutdown:beat_shot:

9. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Rode by Cowpen today. Water was high and moving along pretty good. One dock was under water. I'm sure things will be settled in by the CAA tourney on the 26th as long as we dont get alot more rain! Lots of new structure to fish from all the stuff washing around too!

10. bigcatattack

bigcatattack New Member

State:
    nc
    All the rivers on eastern nc seem to be up since all the lake levels are back to norms.. Fished the neuse near smithfield the weekend. Water levels were near perfect, but picked up alot of trash. Still caught some fish though...All blues and a channell

11. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC