River trying to get right

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Bait Boat, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Caught a few sun drift fishing below 13. Had 14 3 to 8 lbs. Shad and catalpa worms . If it would snow just a little:smile2: it would be nice

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like some good fishing, congrats on the catch

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Always wanting more water in some form or another ain't ya???:tounge_out::smile2::wink: Just when she was going down too!!!

4. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Regan , im down here at #4 and they are terring up the cats and strypers .They droped the river down here alot and the water is almost perfect. Going to try and hit them tomorrow. And explain this , everyone is catching them in the heat of the afternoon 1:00 - 6:00 pm :eek:oooh:
    Robert

5. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I usually wait till it gets to 40000 I like it there and down to 20000. But i've waited about all I can wait. I beleive wed.or thurs I going below 13 . probably drift from big creek to mouth of mulberry. Thats if I can take the heat that long. Sound like you did good bb, were there several blues in that. The last couple of time we fished what we caught was mostly blues except for gar.

6. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Yes they were all blues except for three. I may fish fri afternoon if I can
    I'm trying to sell my boat right now Going to build me a bigger rig.
    You better hav 4 wheel drive to unload at the ramp below dam.
    She realy silted in, So if you know anyone wanting a boat I have
    a 16 ft war eagle for sale

7. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Yes a friend of mine down in hampton told me they were
    catching some good blues down there.

8. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I went on the river yesterday and set out some jugs. It was listed at 54000, but some places it was really swift. The wind got up about noon and I didn't think we were ever going to get all the jugs picked up. We only caught 3 small blues. All in all it was a terrible day but the weather was nice for summer. I'm going to wait for it to get to 40 or below before i try it again.

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Keep them figers cross folk's on the no-rain for a while:wink::tounge_out: Should be fish in the current on bottom this time of year...time to do a "little" drifting if i can get BaitBoat to climb down from the catalpa trees long enough to use a "few" of those babies!!!:tounge_out:

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Anybody got a report on the water level between Conway and Little Rock? Specifically, are the dikes still covered?

11. jde512

jde512 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Jerry,

The dikes are all exposed in pool 7, below Murray dam. Haven't been above the dam to look.

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Thanks, Jeff. If they're exposed below Murray, they're probably exposed above. May give it a try up toward Bigelow/Fouche tomorrow.

13. John6518

John6518 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    As many of you know, I am a beginner and just been on the site a few months. I thought you "old-timers" were "stretching" a bit about the river and it's condition and it helping fishing. Since I have been fishing, just over the past few months, the river has been at levels that would make Noah fell at home. That is what I have gotten use to fishing.

Went down last Saturday night, cast a big ole piece of cut carp out by a nagivation bouy as advised by an old timer. 30 pound stren, 8/0 circle hook.

Sat down to crack open a cold MT. Dew, and ALMOST lost my rod. 20 minutes later had a 32 pound blue flopping on the bank!

I like the lower water!

John