river trip june 6th - 9th

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Jan 19, 2008.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well i cancelled the week long float down the missouri due to finances,but i would still like to plan a trip on the missouri river that alot of member could make it too.So June6th -9th on the missouri river at boonville ,There is a good place to camp where the lamines river hits the missouri and there is good fishing in that area. So anyone interested let me know maybe we can get the east and west brothers to meet in the middle.

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Heres some distances.

from st louis 137 mi
    from kansas city 100 mi
    from spikard missouri 134 mi
    from warsaw missouri 79 mi

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Directions take interstate 70 to 41 hwy north 1.5 miles as soon as you cross the bridge it will be the first right,launch your boat go north on lamine river the campsite will be on the left side right where it hits the missouri . I will most likely take thursday off to so i can go down and hold the site for anyone else that makes it.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds like a good plan Robert. Our June tournament is June 28th so the week end of the 6th should work well. Jim and I like to fish the Lamine area anyway so thats will be a good location. Are you just camping on the river bank? I dont think they allow over night camping at the Lamine ramp?

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I can't remember either Earl. Was thinking its a state ramp and had a sign no over night camping? Would be a perfect place if you can though.

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    We camped out on the point Robert is talking about where the Lamines dumps into the MO a couple of years ago. Pretty good spot. Level and lots of shade.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Theres a pretty good hole right there Branden. Jim and I have marked several fish there about every time out. I allways thought there should be some flatheads just up river on the Lamine at the RR crossing, pretty good log jam around it usally.

8. dank1

dank1 New Member

State:
    missouri
    robert june bit is usually pretty tough if you want to find big blues loook on outside bends channel side i have found from alot of time fishing blues this time of year to be most productive bite almost always is between 12pm and 3pm dont ask me why because really dont know be careful water is usually swift there is alot of big fish come out of that area have some freinds and i fish that area didnt get to fish in june last year because of back opperated on year before caught over 50 fish over 30 # in spots like this mostly on skipjack hope you guys have good time if have time will stop in

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yea craig i fished that area alot though my life from the time dad put the first pole in my hand,and june i target flathead in june down there,pulled many flats over 40 lbs and several over 50 lbs havnt fished it much once they got the new ramp done at lexington ,but planning on fishing it more in the future

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    keep in mind ,about this trip should be a great time

11. Flat_Cat

Flat_Cat New Member

State:
    Higginsville, MO
    I'll see ya'll there. The bigheads are terrible on the Lamine :crazy:

12. TCAT

TCAT New Member

State:
    mo
    sounds like a good time. ever think of hitting dalton or miami let me or kat know . should have our boat project finished by then:roll_eyes:

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    sounds good i just wish spring would get here already:sad2:

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Can you get to that camping spot by land or only by boat? I dont have a boat, but Ive seen that Lamine River coming back from St. Louis, and I would love to give it a shot. Thanks.

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    By boat, but it's only about a 3 mile run from the ramp to that spot. I'm sure if this trip comes together there will be a regular "water taxi" service running from the campsite to the ramp to get everybody there:wink:

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Cool , Ill keep an eye on this thread then. Thanks.

17. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yea should be a great time ,hoping for some good fishing

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    BTW , if anyone has an extra spot on a boat for the trip, Ill be glad to kick in on gas, food, drinks, whatever. Thanks.