River trash of a different sort

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BLKCLOUD, Mar 19, 2008.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I have seen some river trash around the boat dock here lately..when they leave it seems they always leave a fire about half burning, 3-4 birdsnest of fishing line 2-3 empty tubs of chicken livers and half a dozen cut bluegill laying there..man it really chaps my hind end.. makes me want to tie a spinnerbait on my cat rod so everyone can see it..:angry::angry:

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I hear you have the same problem up north here.I have found one positive thing about pigs.They always leave some goodies behind.Stuff I found last year included 2 hat mounted lights,hooks,weights,unopened pack of smokes,filet knives,new foldout chairs,6 pack budweiser, and an adult mag.(guess something to read when they ain't biting I hope, was used for kindling for a fire)

3. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Its people like that , that give a bad name to all sportsman:angry:

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    we are having the same problem out here. my son actually found a huge nest of line and was trying to stick it into his pocket. i asked him what he had in his pocket and he showed me, and i asked him why he had that in his pocket, and he told me because he didnt want the beavers to find it and get caught in it. after we were done fishing taht day we walked around the area we were fishing and cleaned up all of the junk that people left laying around. we took 4 walmart bags of trash home with us that we didnt bring out there with us. but at least we did our part.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    At the mouth of the DesMion where the Sippi meets we had a real nice piece of bank but due to litteres they blocked it off-wed go camping there and we'd burn the trash off we found but we lost and couldnt keep up-never did catch anyone dumping but if I did:angry:911 would of been there call not mine!

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Put up no fishing signs:big_smile:

7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    wish i could Mark, but out here its all BLM land, so you cant do that.

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That would be like puting up a "No Dumping" sign (have you ever noticed all the trash around these signs?). It will only attract more Idiots!!!!!

9. GoCatGo

GoCatGo New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    When I go fishing on the Mississippi I always carry a small garbage bag in my boat................ It is normally full at the end of the day or night and most of the trash isn't mine!! :angry::angry:

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I always carry a box of trash bags with me in my pickup. Usually pick up a lot of junk take it home and throw it in the dumpster,It's amazes me how people can carry a full container of something with them which I know weights more than it does empty ,but can't take it back out with them.Just pure lazyness.

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Same story here.Its sad. I always pick up as much as I can. I hate tripping over bottles and it just ruins the beauty of nature and I dont want anyone to know its a good fishiing spot.:big_smile:

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Picking up behind the idiots is something we must all do to keep our fishing spots good is it right NO but it is a burden we must bear to save nature

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have luck like that too. I looked off the deck a couple years ago and saw a couple guys down at a little fishing hole I cleared out next to the house. the next day I went down there to clean up their mess and found a nice rod with a Mitchell reel sitting in a holder, an Old Timer sheath knife, a Coleman lantern, and a brand new life jacket.

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'ld say just back off bout 40 yards an burn they azz with a load of 6's.

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Bad Idea!!!!! Then not only will you have to clean up the trash they leave, you will also have to clean up the other "Crap" they left behind, LOL!!!!

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    My Bad, that wuz my emotions talkin, i would shoot rock salt actually.:confused2:

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i was so pissed one time i laminated signs up stating whom ever left the big mess at the creek was being watched and would be turned into the dnr and sherriffs dept if they were caught. i pick up garbage all the time.:angry:

18. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    I know what you mean. Got myself a nice cooler and stainless skillet the other day, along with a cooler full of beer bottles and other trash. These guys thought it would be nice to use their beer muscles, so they chopped a 12" tree down right by the state park campsite.

I think it`s mostly kids that do this stuff.

19. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice catfish:wink:

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    boy that would have been a stiff fine i presume cutting that tree down in a park. idiots. i get a lil drunk camping sometimes. sneeks up on ya lol but thats ignorance. i cant remember ever tearing anything up at a camp site. i leave em cleaner thaan i found them asside from mowing it looks spotless when i leave.