River Tatics vs Lake Tatics

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 24, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Our dilema is my wife and I are both river rats and can hold our own fishing for the whiskers on the river. But we live right next to a lake and nearest river we would fish is over hour away. So we been hitting lake and not having much luck. Our question is how should we change our tatics for lake and no current? Thanks!!

Will and Belinda

2. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well the lakes by me i use liver which i never use on the river. the fish just aint as big at the lakes by me so i downsize alot when fishing lakes. dont know if this helps but if it does u r welcome.

3. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    When I fish a lake for Cats I almost always use some kind of bobber to suspend my bait alittle from the bottom Ive noticed that lakes normally have a mucky bottom, which what happend is my bait sinks a little into it making it harder for a cat to pick up, thats jus what i think... good luck

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I would suggest moving around to different spots on the lake. If you are in a spot and are getting no bites pack it up and try a new spot. Maybe try fishing near an inlet or outlet. Try to find some deep holes or deep water. Change tatics and bait when something isn't working. I have had decent luck by changing up my approach. Ask around to some of the locals and see what kind of tips or advice they can give you on the lake, somebody just might be able to point you in the right direction. Best of luck to you out there!

Brandon