Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are at the Gila, and this guy walks over from down the road, pretty much fishes for channel cats. We really couldn't wait for him to leave, but I have to laugh, we were telling him how big catfish get etc, then he fires off with, " my brother catches 800-1200 pound catfish in Louisiana, it takes 10 poloroid pictures to get the length of the fish. They use cable, and tow trucks to get them out, and catch them all the time. They even lost a few tow trucks!" "You should see the size of the hooks they use!, they make them out of sharpened rebar" Anyways thought I would share, guess we should plan a trip to Louisiana?!?!?!?! LMAO

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on my way there already! Whos coming? My biggest is only 500 lbs so I may get a new PB. :tongue1:
LoL, let's go! LMAO this guy was something else, I was really glad there were two other guys from this website there with me, that way I have witnesses to what this dude said, it was funny, and like I said we couldn't wait for him to leave. Oh yeah, your PB is only 500 lbs? Well they use that for bait hoss!

·
Registered
131 Posts
LoL, let's go! LMAO this guy was something else, I was really glad there were two other guys from this website there with me, that way I have witnesses to what this dude said, it was funny, and like I said we couldn't wait for him to leave. Oh yeah, your PB is only 500 lbs? Well they use that for bait hoss!

Yeah well my avatar is the bait I used when I caught the 500 lber (channel cat) , I almost didnt get it in as I was only using 10 lb mono!

·
Registered
860 Posts
So we are at the Gila, and this guy walks over from down the road, pretty much fishes for channel cats. We really couldn't wait for him to leave, but I have to laugh, we were telling him how big catfish get etc, then he fires off with, " my brother catches 800-1200 pound catfish in Louisiana, it takes 10 poloroid pictures to get the length of the fish. They use cable, and tow trucks to get them out, and catch them all the time. They even lost a few tow trucks!" "You should see the size of the hooks they use!, they make them out of sharpened rebar" Anyways thought I would share, guess we should plan a trip to Louisiana?!?!?!?! LMAO
haha thats funny.....but this one time at band i mean fish camp i seen a guy reel in a 1500lber hahaha oh and it was on a UL combo LMAO!!!!!!!:laugh1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.