River Reports

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by speciallibXO, Mar 2, 2007.

1. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Wondering if anyone has gone out in the last couple of days. Tawn and I were going to go fish today, but after looking at the forecast (Gale warning on the Potomac). So we decided against it. Looks like the fishing will be hard for the next couple of days or so until the water calms down and the weather decides what it is going to do.

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I haven't seen the lower potomac but up here the upper potomac is way out of bank and loads of trash heading down river. if you guys do head out watch yourself out there.

3. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    anyone go out today? Seemed like it was nice this morning till around 11 when the wind picked up. Hope to hit it next weekend as long as Sabin stays away from any sort of machinery until after the tournament season.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I hope to hit it this week 2 or 3 times and I will pro after I make it out there. Do have the Polar Kraft Boat rep coming one day to see just what I think would make a great catfish boat. And show him first hand why we need a bigger live-well.

5. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Definitely need a bigger livewell for these beasts.

6. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    yep...good idea-- a 3 fish tournament limit here means a "volume-enhanced" livewell. Hell, the front third of Sabin's boat is a livewell.

7. nalley1952

nalley1952 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    No report but if anyone wants to go out this week. I'll post one. I'm gonna take a day off and go.

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ya my brother just got his polar kraft 2096 and was at the first tournament with it. I like the boat but some little thing will make it a better catfish boat. So that will be my goal when we get out there to show him what would work better.

9. KaJaMa

KaJaMa New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Anyone know where I could get fiberglass work done on the boat? My 100 gallon stock tank works good, but would prefer to have one built into the boat. Like Marty said, it takes up a good third of the boat.

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    don't really no but maybe a auto body shop can help out. We only weigh in 3 fish on the potomac and 5 fish on the others this year. Next year It will be 2 fish for all and most of the tournament trails will be at 2 fish as well. Plus I will be doing more than just Maryland. I will cover maybe 4 or 5 states for 2008 I have some good sponsors that will come onboard if I move outside of just Maryland.

11. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I was down at Kings Bay, GA Submarine base yesterday and noticed that all their utility craft are Sea Ark Boats - must be a pretty tough boat because they beat the $hit out of those things!!.