River report.......

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Dec 31, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Well, that was a quick trip. There is no ice on the river where I was at, but there was absolutely no water without current. All of the dikes are way under water and I couldn't find squat in regards to flat water.

I did find some fish loaded up in two spots, 30-40 ft deep with marginal current, but no takers. I guess they were carp.

Of course, it was freezing and boat is now full of ice. Ridiculous........

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    If I may sir, A BAD DAY FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY WORKING!!!!!!

3. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    and a better day yet is not having to work

4. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I will second that sentiment!!!

5. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Wow Jer! you old guys sure are smart. What is it like to be wealthy and not have to work???????

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Wish i knew what that was like bob ,people like us will work until we drop,happy new years bob

7. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I am afraid you are right Robert. I guess we should be grateful that we are still able to work. And in these financial times we have a place to work. But I would rather hit the powerball jackpot and find out what it is like to winter in the tropics and come back when the weather suits us and the fish are biting best. I hope your New Year is a very happy and prosperous one

8. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    More than you or most could ever know Sir bob.......

10. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i may only be 18 but ill have to work till i drop it feels like it already but ur right at least we have a job

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Death Barge finally got it's make over! With the help of Stitch, we successfully moved the console 2 1/2 feet forward in the boat, mounted two seats on the floor of the boat, removed that very large bulky and "in the way" rod rack and mounted the rod holders on the rear deck by the livewell. We also installed two 6" RCA Marine speakers and a Clarion Marine radio too! Stitch brought along a portable radio on many trips last summer and it really became a regular companion on those all nighter fishing trips so I decided to go ahead and install one.....LOVE IT!!:smile2::smile2:

The only thing I need now is to replace the steering cable that broke on me a couple weeks ago.....that is the largest expense. Just need to stash away a couple hundred bucks for that :confused2: but once I get it, it's all done! Oh yeah, one more rod holder needs to be added, THEN it's done!:smile2::smile2: For those of you that have fished out of the Barge, you won't recognize it, it looks COMPLETELY different! I really like the new set up.......

just thought I'd share! :wink::smile2:

12. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    sounds nice.

will have to try it out this spring.

13. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Rat I think you can get a cable for less than 200 bucks for sure.My buddy bought a steering helm & cable for a 17ft champion for $150 dollars from JT's in wentzville. Do some checking around if all you need is just a cable I would think you could pick one up for a $100-$150dollars for a 20ft boat.Check with Clark boat & motor and talk to Phylis tell her John Behiter told you to call her.She will take good care of you and probably a pretty good deal compared to other places.

14. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.

15. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    sounds good Bill, I got a nice project going as well.. The old floater might float again sooooon....lol
    ... Let us see some pics when u get a chance.....

16. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Where's the pics???????:smile2::smile2:

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure "The Boss" or..... the rat owns a digital camera in this day and age. :wink: Lets see some pics of the new and improved Death Barge! :cool2:

18. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I was at the last of the family get togethers today so I didn't get a chance...I will try tomorrow though....

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Are you putting hydraulic steering on?

Let's see them pics!

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Boy I wish! The cable and helm I need are called Teleflex and I found one on ebay, brand new kit for 154 bucks, that includes shipping...so far that seems about the norm on all the sites I have checked out so far

pics will be done, I promise!:smile2::smile2::smile2: