Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bueatiful windy day-light to moderate caps and the river level is good.....She is starting to shape up-Lakeside was calm-dock is iced in still though....20 ft or so......Tommorow it is supose to be better-oh water temp has went up 2*she is on the move also 35* chilli deeeegreeze...Did not check for bait but I think its a lost cause right now...................

·
Registered
857 Posts
I went down to Keokuk and fished under the Dam yesterday. It was pretty nice out there. Caught alot of fish. I planned on netting a bunch of gizzard shad and guttin them so i would have shad guts. But i dont have a big net, a truck to throw the shad in, "i have a jeep", and i dont have room to store a bunch of guts. So i took the lazy route and bought 20 containers off of a guy i know. Paid half the price that the bait shops and gas stations charge so im not bumming out TOO much.

Good luck fishing tomorrow!!! Suppose to be 10 m.p.h winds. Not too bad compared to what it was today. Definitly not windy enough to stop a fishing trip.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish youd said you was gonna be this way-gives me a excuse to get the boat wet:wink:I am always looking fer a reason to get er out(LOL)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
we got a crazy cold front Saturday, we fished all day & the morning started out @ 32 degrees, but by lunch time it was 70, so it was nice...

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went out for a hour-it got windy and rough in minutes,we barley got our lines wet and it was still colder then the gates of hell so we rode the 1.5 swells in and went home.I had to get out and I didnt realy think I was gonna catch anything...it wasnt a totaley wasted trip either-I gotsta play with my new toys so....it wont be long now though....water temp is on the rise..........

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeay flat bottom swells -did I mentiion the water is like 36-38*-lill cold...but yeah it was fun-good to be back on the water....

·
Registered
857 Posts
Me and some friends are thinking about going down to Keokuk saturday or sunday to do some snagging up by the dam. I guess they had the dam opened up in 2 different spots yesterday. In the middle and clear over towards Illinois. If any of you guys cross the bridge this afternoon or tomorrow could you let me know what part of the dam is open. Thanks a million!!! Catfish_Calvin

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
iI was out today-alot of debre in the water and up there the chute is wide open-half trees a rolling out-be very careful you on the mighty!It aint worth all "O" Dat!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well i think were going to try some snagging under the Keokuk Dam tomorrow. Hopefully they have the dam closed up towards the Illinois side but i guess it was opened up over there earlier today. Not sure what time were going yet. Depends alot on what part of the dam is open. :confused2:

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GOOD LUCK and BE SAFE! I aint gonna be able to go out fer a minute-have some things giong on and its on the chill again:angry:

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I havent went to look yet but I know she is on the rise and my guess she is rolling since we are in a flood watch.suppose to get some rain!

·
Registered
857 Posts
The water is definitly on the rise! We went down there yesterday and the water was above that little wall on the iowa side of the dam. Just down from the turbines. I hear its only going to get worse. I know some pretty good spots to catch catfish in flooded water. But id rather it not flood and mess up peoples homes and farmland.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Me and my brother just come home-went and banked a little(NO LUCK) and they must have 10-15 spillways open now.she is rising fast and furious!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.