River Report 10/23/07

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Got home from work at 2300, all of the docks in West Point are under water. Docks go under at 17 feet and she is now at 19.9, increase of 9 ft since yesterday. Alot of debre coming out of the Salt River. Was able to see some huge trees coming down. Checked the NOAA site and the predicted crest is 28.7 ft tomorrow. I think it has to go higher with rain north of us. Upper gauge however will remain at 12.6, they dump the water on us...that OK, send them cats on down so I can catch them :wink:
    Work tomorrow, will post again Thursday AM when I can see what's going on.

Linda

BE SAFE

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    River looked like it was up about 6ft here at 1200 midnight from saturday night.... sat for an hour with a few small bites but no takers. the water came up about 6 inches. so its definitely rising fast .. water was moving at an alarming rate too ...

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    lol i told you so..... need to call speedman and tell him to stay home!!!

4. speeedman

speeedman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am watching the weather and wondering / but after seeing your post today I am thinking hard about changing plans. Better to save the time off for a better weekend. I will let you guys know or better yet since you are there keep me updated. We got a little rain here but not much, all I see is clouds and rain in the forecast for down that way. Hmmm where else to go this weekend? Any idea's? Thanks guys.

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well friday night to sunday its going to partly cloudy to sunny. but the river is really unstable i think right now ... wont be ready to fish till maybe sunday. thats when the fish will start to turn on i think .. theyll find there feeding holes by then

6. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i would say u would have better luck somewhere else like Adam said. well plan something maybe later in the year or sometime in march or so if youd like. or if the fishing heats up between those times then maybe then.. but we will keep u posted on whats going on.

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    hey guys, i did my better fishing this year with the docks underwater in the river, it was just hard to have enuff lead on the light rods i have.

8. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks again for the report on the ohio river it really helps me out since i live about 50 miles away where i put in which is West Point.Maybe around Sunday it will be fit to fish by boat safely. I'll keep checking with you.Again THANKS!

9. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

My buddy fished out of tanners creek indiana today on the river, and caught 31 cats..All of them were between 8 and 10 pounds, but 2 flatheads were in the 20 pound range..He caught blues, channels and flats...Another buddy of mine fished downtown cincy for 3 hrs and caught 9 cats 4 which were over 20 pounds and one over 30...Fishing is PRIME TIME right now with the river coming up, you can go out there and bust them out like crazy...I am definantly hitting the river on Friday.

10. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    wow ... thats nice ... You here that Adam ...we need to be fishin. when u wanna go ... id like to fish the mouth of the marina or pigeon creek

11. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Dave, I fished the mouth of local marina today. I got two good hits and landed two blues in the 8 to 10 pound range. I didn't stay long cause I wanted to get home and grill those cats. Vern

12. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    cool... wheres my grilled catfish tho.