River Question

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Cathunter Pete, May 11, 2009.

1. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    I just wanted to get some of you more experience cathunters' opinion. When fishing a river, and there's a fairly large creek flowing into the river with a decent flow coming down the creek, where is the best place to setup and anchor to catch the cats? Is there a particular spot like downside, upstream, back up the creek, or the opposite side of the river? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. dhart73

dhart73 New Member

State:
    Stedman NC
    Depends on the cat your after. I fish the mouth of the creek just upstream where I can find the drop to deeper water for blues. For flats ill target the shallower water just up in the creek. But don't overlook the shallow water that should protrude out into the main river!!!

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Just depends on the size of the creek, flow, ect. Each one is different so trying different setups and putting baits in different places until one proves to be the best is what I do with almost every spot I fish. Just tweak it until you've got that particular spot figured out. Then you can be ready for different conditions at a given spot (High/Low water ect.).

4. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Wes, you fishing the St. Jude this weekend?

5. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    fish the current with large chuncks of cut bream for blues and channels, targets eddys and slack water for bruiser flatheads, fish with livebream u might think is too big.and hang on