River Pro Jet Boats

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by weinerdog, Jul 15, 2008.

1. weinerdog

weinerdog New Member

State:
    Florida
    Does anyone in Florida have any experience with River Pro jetboats? I'm dying to get one but don't know if they live up to the hype.

Would they work well in our types of rivers? (Sand, logs, stumps)

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I own a 2002, River Pro, Their one tough boat. have jumped logs, and a few other things, They will do anything Kevin says they will do. He also will give you a demo ride, You still have to use commond sense, or you will be, setting on a mud bar. Their also a safe boat with 28 inch sides.will take some weather
    Jim

3. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Have never heard a bad thing about them.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    River Pro was a sponsor for a long time on the BOC at one point. For those that have the need of the River Pro, only top ratings were given by owners. The owner himself will tell you, the boat is built for the environments it is built to dominate.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Awesome boats. Been on the front end of some of those stump jumps with Jim many times. Never let us down. :0a22:

6. weinerdog

weinerdog New Member

State:
    Florida
    Jim,
    Thanks for the info. Did you buy your boat new in '02? If so, what kind of maintenance do they typically need over 6 years? (If/when I buy one I'm hoping I'll get plenty of good years out of it since I'll have to save lots and lots of lunch money to pull it off!)

7. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Mike, the only thing I have done, is put sea foam in it and keep a hot battery in it, bought it new in 2002. Iam sure their is some improvements, that have been made. they don't back up real good, their is a off market add on that helps that, if its imporant to you. you do want to get a stomp grate, which cleans the intake grate . if your in weeds.Kevin will shoot stright with you. He has done me right. Does any one else run a jet of any type in your area, I don't think they will go where air boats go.
    Jim

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good boats. I have always wondered about these and how they would perform

9. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Just on the fun side, me and a war Eagle 24' I believe with a Yamaha 150 4 cycle, took off,( MINE 175 SPORTJET MERC.)
    and I broke his heart, out ran him on stright then I cut through the flats and stumps. Don't take this wrong I like 12'' to 3'safe side I beleive you could, run some skinny water, I can float in 8" and if you knew the water, could go through less, at a fast speed but your going for broke and hope you can end up in some deeper water 18' anyway, have to use some common sense, their like a 4wheel drive pickup, can go, can be stuck. I have beeen up some real small streams arrowhead hunting and trapping.
    jIM

10. weinerdog

weinerdog New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thanks for the info. I emailed Kevin Turner to see about a test drive. Now I just need to get up there and do it.