river near stl

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by russ, Mar 16, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    hey guys what shape is the river in up there, looking for a few days to come up and pre fish the tourney. the river down here is a mess, as much as i like to fish i wont go out on it right now, i know all the trees are gone up there by now, because they are comming by here non stop. but all info. will help thanks rusty.

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    for the next few day you should be able to fish just about anywhere up here. But if you are going to do it you better do it soon because all the water they are getting up north is heading down this way and its not going to look pretty. i have heard other people having a hard time putting in above Alton but i didn't have a hard time and a lot of people put in bellow Alton yesterday.

3. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I was out there with Gary, Willie, and Ryan this afternoon and there is a lot of trash in the water still and the dykes are just starting to show a little.

4. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    you guys do any good today

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    They are still out there, I had them drop me off. Willie snagged about a 30lbs. Asian and all 3 of them had snagged a few each of smaller ones. Gary got a hold of small Spoonie about 5-6 lbs. and lost another one that would of went at least 30lbs. along side the boat.

6. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    Me and my brother went up to Crystal City to prefish today first time we have fished in that area we did real well river is pretty high and trashy. Sounds like it is going to get worse. It was a good time.

7. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The Mississippi is real high also and I will be glad when it settles down! You guys be careful out there! It wont be long untill everything gets right! I hope!:wink:

8. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good deal there midmocat. You guys take it easy on those boys down there.:smile2: Don't catch them all. I may see ya tomorrow at Tombstone if it is raining. We'll have to hit the water some time if you don't mind a tag along and if you are ever in need of a partner give me a call if you can use a big, clumbsy, noise maker in the boat.HAHA.

9. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You two boys are being a little quiet there. Hows Capt Jack doing today? I talked with little brother earlier.

10. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Chris I guess he got off here before he saw you write this either that or he has a cramp in his hand .

11. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Probly so Marty. I missed you at Tombstone if you came up. Didn't make it in untill after lunch. What is the river supposed to crest at? Is it going to flood your feilds or are you going to sqeek by?

12. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    As of right now it is going to be close to coming in our low bottoms probably within a foot or so. It is supposed to crest at 23' in Herman it comes over our low ground levees about 24'5.

13. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hopefully it will do as they are calling for then. My little sister lives near St. Louis and they are talking about the Marrimac getting in their house. I think it is supposed to crest early in the mourning so hopefully they will stay dry also.