RIVER LEVELS ....

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Mar 28, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    For those that don't have easy access or observations of river levels I will give what data I have. This will be for the Licking River, Dillon Res. and the Muskingum River at Zanesville.

The Licking River rose over night approximately 2 1/2 feet to the hieght 6.77 feet.

Dillon is still on the fall as of 6:00 AM and now stands at 760.52 feet. The level has dropped from a high of 770.35 feet last week. This means the level is still up approximately 23 feet above summer pool. They still have the gates open.

Dillon Tailwater is 10.44 feet (Water coming out of the gates).

The Muskingum River at Zanesville is at 18.99 feet and is pretty well maintaining that height becaue of the gates being open at Dillon.

Although we had some hard rains during the night I believe the Ohio River people got a lot more rain than central Ohio. They are calling for additional rains today but looking at several weather maps, if we get any, it will be a small amount.

They are calling for more rain on Sun., Mon., & Tues. and then Friday and Sat of next week.

If we are lucky might get on the river by June at this rate.

Garry-

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Just to add, I was at Charles Mill Lake yesterday and it's still out of the banks and the gates are open pretty good. It will continue to feed the system for several days.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
  4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Thanks John ... That is where I got my info from .... garry- :wink:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    garry, i was gonna hit some flooded area this morning, but with weather the way it is now, and i have been fighting a sore throat/cold my daughter decided to share, I think i will wait till tomorrow. It is supose to be around 50 and sunny. I feel sorry for my poor boat. He got a good workout for two days on the James a month ago, and hasn't took a breathe since..lol....rollo

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats cool. I figured you knew about it but there may be a few that don't.:wink:
    I just try to help out anyway I can!:wink::big_smile:

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Yep ... know what you are talking about ... my poor boat needs to be uncovered and I need to check all of the elctronics etc. and the motor to see if they still work ... it has never experienced winter weather before ... I may take another shot a Buckeye tomorrow ... but need to see which way the wind is blowing ... they said prtly cloudy but strong winds ... Garry- :sad2:

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
  9. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
  10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    looks like tomorrow is gonna be a decent day to go... im gonna try it.....rollo

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the river looks like crap, and the ramp isn't visible:angry: rollo

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I am hoping for Wednesday. It is supposed to be cold next weekend but if I can see the ramp I'll put er in the river or maybe check out Salt Fork.

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Has anyone taken a river temp reading this week? It should be real close to 50 degrees.

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    haven't lately. im going out this afternoon to do some bankfishing skip, i will take my el cheapo portable with me. its fairly accurate but not as good as the one on the boat.......shawn i hope your talking about the ramp up your way, you can't even get under the bridge down here....rollo

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I was talkin to Matt yesterday, He was on the GMR the day before, and the temp there was 48.5 degrees. With all the southerly rain we've had, I was just wondering what we have up here for a temp.

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i would think it would have to be close to that here as well, all this rain outta warm things up a bit.. it is suppose to rain tomorrow night again... just wish it would drop some. if this keeps up its hard to tell how long before things will be normal again..rollo

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm thinking all we need is to get to 51 or 52 this week when it rains again tomorrow or monday, and we should be able to find a few flats.

19. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    should I tell them your early season secret on getting the water temps up by putting a portable heat lamp on the log jams Skip?,Naw I better not wouldnt want to give away your teqniques LOL

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    With the price of fuel so high this spring Tony, I may have to scale back and just take Shawn out to the log jams and have him tell the the story of his 72 pound Blue cat lol.