River Levels

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by lbaker3, Aug 9, 2006.

1. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    It looks like the river level here in KC is supposed to rise a couple of
    feet by Saturday morning then start to taper off again.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on how this may affect the fishing
    on the river this weekend?
    Or how river levels in general affect the fishing this time of year?

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm told that a rising river is good, but a muddy rise (as after a storm, with lots of trash) isn't good. The rising water triggers fish to feed.

Looks like the river is up almost a foot in the last week. And the fishing has been good.

Where do you get your information that it's supposed to rise 2 more feet? Is there a level forecast somewhere?

For those who haven't seen it, this web page provides real-time river level information for the Missouri River at Kansas City:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/uv?06893000

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  4. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
  5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I always just go to usgs.gov and check out all the states around us that can cause the river to rise. Personaly I hate a river thats on the rise. I like it to be steady or at least couple days after it has started going back down. This may sound strange but when the river is "clear" hehe if thats possible on the missouri is better i think too. It looks like this is going to be a nice steady rise so it should be alright. All the rain was way north of us.

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    If the water is going to be comming up, get your pole ready the fish will be a bitin!