River levels

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by treddinwater, Jun 19, 2009.

1. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Anybody been over to the White River today? I wanna get out and do some fishin, but recently all my spots have been under water. Is it still way up?

2. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went out on the white thursday and the water was receeding

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks brother...too bad it looks like we're gonna get slammed again tonight. This rain is about to drive me up the wall.

4. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    The White has been on the receding end for the most part even though we have been getting this rain. I hate to say it but the rain we are getting right now will make it come up fast. Most of the rain is coming down in the northern parts of the state, which in turn drains down to use, raising the levels. I say by early to mid next week it will be back on it's way down and time to fish.

I hope this helps and good luck to everybody.
    DannyfrmINDY

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey, check out the White River gauge. Back track to a day when you know what the flow was like and then use that as a benchmark. Then whenever you're not sure of the flow, check out the online gauge. This may not be the the closest gauge to where you fish.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?03353000

6. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I used to use this website all the time it tells you a little but not all:smile2: