River level @ Arnold.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I noticed yesterday, that the Meramec at Flamm City was at 8 ft and when I checked the ramp, it appeared too shallow to launch. Looks like 10 ft would be ok. Now, I see this from the weather service.
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A FLOOD WARNING FOR THE MERAMEC RIVER NEAR ARNOLD FROM TUESDAY MORNING UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELLED. * AT 10:45 AM SATURDAY THE STAGE WAS 9.2 FEET. * MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST. * FLOOD STAGE IS 24.0 FEET. * FORECAST... RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE TUESDAY MORNING AND THEN RISE TO NEAR 30.0 FEET BY THURSDAY MORNING. THIS FLOOD WARNING IS BASED ON 1.0 TO 2.5 INCHES OF RAIN OVER THE BASIN IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS ALONG WITH MISSISSIPPI RIVER BACK WATER.

Soooo, I am on vacation starting Tuesday night. Anybody want to go fishing Wednesday or Thursday? I have several folks I owe a trip out with. Namely, Randy, Mike Knuckles, Kevin, Manny, & Adrian. I promised Adrian first, but after a few days, I have not heard from him about whether he still wants to go out. Randy, your next on the list, then Mike, then Manny, then Kevin, as best I can tell from my PM sheet on who asked first. I may be able to take two out at once if your days available overlap. I'll be available from early Wednesday through Friday noon. I will also be available the following Monday through Wednesday. You all can call me, you have my number, or you can PM me.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dang Tom, ya didn't ask me:confused2::confused2::confused2: No worries, my feelins is hurt now and i'm may never fish again:smile2:

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Thanks Tom, no big deal on a list with me, I'll see what the one who thinks she is in charge has to say, then do the opposite :smile2::smile2: let ya know something moday'ish..... and them river levels are only at 2.5" heck the weather man and charts are calling for 5 plus by tomorrow night? :crazy:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Be careful out there Mr Tom (Kutter ) according to the map it's showing 30 ft for your area by WED> Just stay SAFE Pal!!

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, John, it's like this. I would have asked ya, but word is, you don't go anywhere without Cher. So here's the problem, If you an I went fishin and she came with ya, I just think it would be embarrassing to you, having her fawn all over me. I don't blame her of course. She can't help it, it's just a curse I have to live with. Just imagine what it would be like if I ever wore my teeth? Now the picture below was sent to me by someone who thought it looked just like me. I don't see it myself, him having that one tooth an all.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37914&d=1205883667

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it. However, I am not afraid of a little water, as long as there's no soap involved, of course.:wink:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    LMAO, spittin image. You crack me up dude.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    tom i would love to go with you any time i dont know how to send e mail or personal message , i try to send them but i dont think they are getting through . my phone number is (573)915-7489 I THINK I AM GOING TO TRY TO go tonight if the wind lays call me.

9. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Tom You been hangin around Rinus toooooo loooong

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If you want to send a PM, left click on the persons name, a drop box will appear. Chose "send private message" You must add some sort of title and after that just type your message in the box. If you ever need help, speak up. Someone will jump in i'm sure.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Got your PM Adrian.

OK, Adrian has picked Wednesday and Randy has one day the following week. Thursday the 18th is open or you could come along with Adrian & I Wednesday if you prefer. Not sure quite yet which day Randy is picking, but whatever day he doesn't, is open. Winter is fast upon us an as you all know, I don't fish once the temps drop to that freezing level, 70 degrees.:wink:

Adrian is going out tonight. Hmmmm, good luck. The river appears to be roaring at this time. Meramec rose about 12-14 ft overnight by the looks of it. Who knows, the bite might take off with a rise like that.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I just came back from checking on the Flamm City Ramp. It's about 5 ft from the top of the ramp and coming up about 1 ft an hour!!!
    Met Adrian (fisherman63650) there as he was putting in a nice looking SeaArk with a couple of his buddies. Ryan, I told him about you getting back to the ramp that time when the water had risen so fast that it was up to your truck tires in the parking lot.
    Thanks for the invite, Adrian. However, since your new here, you don't know about how I turn into a pumpkin when there is a cool front coming though like it is now. In the last hour, it's dropped from 72 degrees down to 65. Brrrrrr, freezing out there!!!!! Wheres the keys to that darn cave?

13. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Tom,I'm nomally off on Mondays,if your offer is still open.The water should be at a decent level by then.My schedule is posted on Fridays,I'll give you a call or P.M. as soon as I'm sure.We need to fish soon,you did say you hibernate after it gets in the 70's.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Was Sept 17, but with the ramp closed, might move it to the 24th or 25th - Adrian
    Sept 23 Tuesday - Randy and his wife
    Sept 22 Monday - Mike Knuckles
    Manny, you an Kevin let me know what works for you. Adrian says he is available any day, so you guys go ahead an pick. I recommend either the 24th or 25th if you can make either one of those days. The ramp being closed is pushing everything back.
    Sorry for this all being last minute, guys. I wish it were different, but between mother nature and my job, it's been many weeks since I have been able to get out.

15. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    What ramp are you planning on using to go out on Tom? Just wondering with the river coming up so fast, what ramps were open.

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Not able to use the Flamm City at this time. Hoping it will go back down as fast as they are predicting it will.

17. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    at what level is flamm underwater? I want to go out on saturday... hopefully it will drop fast enough for that.

18. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    It depends on the Mississippi.The Meramac is supposed to crest Wed. at near 30 ft.If we're lucky,Flamm City will drop to useable levels by the week-end.If the city of Arnold doesn't drag it's feet like last time.Took two weeks to get them to clean it up.:angry:I called three times to ask how
    much longer.I'll start bugging them earlier,this time.
    Tom,I'm looking forward to Monday.I need a trip with someone that knows big fish better than I do.B.T.W.,I just made a load of 6oz weights.I'll bring 'em along.

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Aaaah, damn!!!
    I was about to post "Mike, I'm looking forward to Monday.I need a trip with someone that knows big fish better than I do."

20. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well it is good that you two will get all that lernen schtuff taken kare uv munday....... :smile2: