River gage question

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dcastle, Jul 9, 2008.

1. dcastle

dcastle New Member

State:
    Missouri
  2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Around 8-9' in the summer.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
  4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Marty, thanks for providing that useful information

5. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Dale, the high water will be your friend in the KC area for the blues. Learn to fish all the water levels, each level provides it's own unique way of fishing. Keep a good detailed log so when that conditions exists again, it can be a time saver. We all tend to remain in “a comfort zone” when something works for a given scenario, so keep trying different things at different water levels. I know you’ll enjoy the river from your sunset pictures, just observe and note everything, there’s so much out there.

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Michale I agree with you on trying different things. But I am a good one to talk about trying different things. I am bad about getting stuck with one that has worked in the past. But in my opinion the best fishermen are the ones that are not affraid to change things up. I just need to learn this myself.

Tom

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Old habits are hard to change, It's an ongoing battle with me to venture out of that comfort zone but have found that the more I do the easier it gets. I was weaned on fishing low water levels then finally it got to a point of making it a mission to learn other water conditions... then started to fish more with a lot of old timers who are set in their ways but each had a lot to teach. If it's slow I'll pull crankbaits along the rip rap, it's a consistant producer, just don't ever know what it will produce. :smile2: I bring minnows along and check for river crappie if conditions are right... what I've found is I'll be quicker to adjust now, when before would wait out doing something hoping for a change. That's what's been great about the BOC where so many have ideas to try... I have to write down stuff to try like a plan B or C... it seems to help having something else to go straingt into... I try to encourage every one starting out to get in that habit early of having a plan B and C... guess we call it adapting or adjusting... either way it provides more in the arsenal to use.