River full - Osage full of Fishing Boats!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by primitivefrn, Mar 18, 2006.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    going to have to put stop and go light at sac and the osage rivers.
    Osage full of boats, seen one boat from look out point with two spoonbill tied on side, boat trailers out to 82 hwy, at 82 ramp, think Ill, park mine till, it thins out some. or go to stockton and scare some walleyes, heard that, several spoonbills were being caught.though if you like to do it.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim, the last several years the ramps have vehicles parked clear to the highway on the wk. ends. Fished opening wk. end last year and it took 2 hours to get the boat back out. Glad I'm not guideing as I sure dont miss that mad house crap. Wish they had a place to go around the city, we should stand at the ramp and tell them all there catching boat loads of them down by Wolfies house LOL.

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Go to wofie drive and dock right away bring cold beer and snacks .
    Thw guy at Buss outdoor world in lowery city, said several are coming in. 90 lb. the largest, from watching boats, looks like their laying in deep holes.
    Troy. you hooked up with any yet.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I herd Wolfie was serving FREE steaks to every snagger at the dock that showed up, FREE beer too....:rolleyes:

Havnt been out yet Jim, may go this week end, you wanna ride along?

5. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    I have a question for you if you dont mind me asking. I have never cleaned nor cooked a Spoonbill before. so here is the question how do you clean one and what is the best way to cook them??
    Thanks
    Bondman

6. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Headed to rockville to get some down cow meat and then to Texas to get some lone star or old stoute, then to wofies drive, whats your address, wolf any
    dancing girls, , This might be interesting.
    Troy if you need a driver or help, Let me know check back to you on Thursday, I know friday is tied up. Sat should be free.

7. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    LOL

As for the Niangua, ramp was full Saturday due to a bass tourney, but the snaggers were mostly empty handed. Our 2 boats had 1 fish, and we got 2 more keepers on Sunday, but it was SPARSE! We headed down the lake looking for deep bluff holes and tried a few, but nothing. Don't know where they're stacked up that way.

It was fun and good luck to the rest of you.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim , got 2 buddies gonna be here sat. at 5 am. Plan to be at the ramp around 6. If you want to ride along let me know, will have room for you.
    I have plenty of rods to use so dont worry about that. Just bring the shot gun in case we get in some boat rage out there LOL.
    Ive herd about that texas beer, I think we better stick with the Mo. swamp water....Oh ya dont forget them dancin girls...

9. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
  10. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hope you made lots of catfish cut bait out of that puppie...LOL

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Nice spoonbill
    One helluva big head. I bet that was fun....

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    WOW nice big head. That looks like fun for sure.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Made it out Saturday for the 1st time this year snagging.
    We hadnt ran far and started marking spoonbills. Within a hour of fishing we had 3 keepers boated. Knowing several where stacked in what we thought was a fairly remote area we wanted to check several more miles of the river to see if other places were holding fish.
    After checking several areas that were only holding a few fish and landing 1 more keeper we ran back to the origional place.
    Rounding the bend comeing back to the area we were greeted with I'm not kiddin 40 boats in the stretch of water.
    Needless to say they had them scattered.
    Normally I would have stayed on the 1st fish to limit quick, but wanted to check some more areas. Still had a lot of fun, glad I got there early though...........
    Trucks lined up to the highway when we left!@#$%&*+!!!

14. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nice Spoon guys, That is alot of bait.