river ? for yall need help pls

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by varmint_sniper, Nov 12, 2009.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Hey yall iam going to hit a river this weekend would you hit a deep hole or a feeder creek dumping into a river for channel cats last time we hit a deep hole and got into a lotta big channel cats on shad just didnt know what to hit thax yall...sniper also do yall think the flatheads are still hitting this time a yr in rivers?

2. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Will you got nothing to worry about...We have been to this place before and we both know the fish are still there....in that deep of water with no other holes with access close they will still be there. Now whether the flats will be feeding this weekend i cant wait to see...i still might bring some live bait just incase...If all else fails we WILL nails some big channels im sure that! I just hope jerryb and some of our fellow boc brothers will tag along with us...

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    water temps haven't cooled down enough yet for the fish to school up in the deeper waters. Still about a 10 degree water temp away from that. The fish are still fairly scattered, been tough fishing atleast for me the past months or so. flats are still biting too..

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Will, the last 4 weekends I have motored over creek mouths looking for fish on the finder and didn't find any. Also fished two of them anyway just in case and didn't get any action. I can't tell you they aren't in every creek mouth lol, just the ones I looked at.

Caught all my fish lately in holes not associated with creeks. One other thing, I found all those fish in mid-depth holes, the deepest holes were barren. but I fish the muskingum and deep is only 20 to 25. I caught mine in 10 to 15, in stretches with 20 or more nearby that were empty.

5. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't knwo for sure yet what I will get to fish for this weekend, but if I get otu for cats, I'll be trying live baits simply because I still have 6-7 goldfish left I wanna get rid of......hahaha I'll be hitting the Tusc River if I get to go cattin.

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I usually fish feeder creeks in the days following heavy rains. Otherwise I usually prefer deep holes, ledges, dropoffs and structure.

7. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    sent u a pm rocky