river fishing help

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by catfish1083, Jun 19, 2009.

1. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    ok boc brothers i need a little help:embarassed: i am pretty new to river fishing and i am going tomorrow night. they have been generating water about 2:30 pm and it gets to its highest point @5:30pm i cant start fishing until about 6pm. so i guess my real qustion is where do the fish go after the water starts to settle down and drop back to narmal levels???????? :confused2:

do they get tight to cover our vinture out to open water sand bars. do they get in holes our go out on points and flats (that type of info would help out alot)

2. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks man i have the skips and getting bream before i go :wink:

3. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    When it's falling, your best bet is right out in the channel or channel ledges. These fish can be very hard to catch. When the water shuts down so does the bite. Any time the water is falling, they instinctively head for deeper water. Like I said, most of the time these fish are hard to catch, but they can be caught just takes alot of patience. But once the water level stabilizes they could be anywhere in the river and biting normally.

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    BIG RIVERS ARE HARDER TO FISH,

5. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i dang near cut his head plum on to mmm hmmm:smile2: love that

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    send an abulance, or a heres, i killied that doelo mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol:smile2: YEA FIND THE DROP OFFS AND DEEPS, OR THE FALLEN TREES

7. joshmorgan

joshmorgan New Member

State:
    columbia, MS
    When I fish the intracoastal canal in LA, i always love seeing those tugs coming. Usually right before the tug gets to u and about 2 min after it's passed is when u get ur bites, and they'll be biting every hook u got in the water!:big_smile:

8. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    DEEP holes just away from the channel and best around tight bends.:wink:

9. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    i love to fish big rivers..deep holes from 60 to 100 feet can be you best bet on catching blues, and keep you eyes open for bends in the river thats another good area for blues channels and flats. really where there is current theres fish...the thermelcine is a good place to start on big rivers look for bait balls around there and drop you some live shad or some cut skip's on the line. hope this helps.

10. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    fishing for blues in the rivers i fish the current where the river constricts to it narrowest point by boulders or very shallow shoals or sandbars forcing them to travel these deeper channels to move from hole to hole. kinda like deer hunting look for pinch points.especially in a shallow rivers this setup can be deadly. blues stage in these deeper holes and when the water rises or falls they travel from hole to hole and they will travel thru these channels.large fresh bream heads work great!!!!!:wink:

11. robyngt21

robyngt21 New Member

State:
    LA

I fish the river in Norco, LA...every time a tug goes by I get snagged or the waves push my rig up to the shore/rocks...that's even with 2 ounces about 50 yards out. But you're right, for some reason they like to bite right before a boat passes. Weird.

12. bigchooch58

bigchooch58 New Member

State:
    San Antonio Tex
    with a fish like in that avitar dustin /i was going to ask you what should i do lol