river fishing help?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfish1083, Jun 19, 2009.

1. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    ok boc brothers i need a little help:embarassed: i am pretty new to river fishing and i am going tomorrow night. they have been generating water about 2:30 pm and it gets to its highest point @5:30pm i cant start fishing until about 6pm. so i guess my real qustion is where do the fish go after the water starts to settle down and drop back to narmal levels???????? :confused2:

do they get tight to cover our vinture out to open water sand bars. do they get in holes our go out on points and flats (that type of info would help out alot)

2. sbrittharrell

sbrittharrell New Member

State:
    mississippi
    WHAT RIVER ARE U FISHING? I dont understand generating water. where?

3. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    it is the Chattahoochee river in Ga. it is a river below several ga power lakes and they pull water to generate power. which at this point in time raises the river 3-3.5 ft

4. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    if there is a chute where the water comes jetting back out into the water i would try right in that are if you can get that close, some power plants dont allow you that close. If you can get there , there should be a big scour hole there down by the end of that chute and there will be fish holding there, if not try goin down the river a bit from the plant and look for the closest spot on the river with some fallen trees or a good bend and fish that area.

5. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    My experience fishing below the dam is this....When they stop generating, go home. It's like the fish get lockjaw.

wildturkey

6. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I don't fish rivers unless they have good current to them.