River Fishing from Paducah (Ohio/Tennessee)

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by JKinsey, Apr 21, 2007.

1. JKinsey

JKinsey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey guys:

Anybody know any good spots within boating distance of downtown Paducah?

My Dad used to be the king of catfishermen on the Ohio and Tennessee in that area but he took about 20 years off from fishing seriously. Now that I've got a boat of my own and am trying to get back into it, low and behold the cats have moved!! How dare them. . .

Some places he remembers being really good are an old creek outlet near the Ashland Terminal (on the Tennessee) and the old public water intakes right off the foot of Broadway. When we went last year though, we couldn't find anything decent in either of those spots and the only thing we caught all day was a couple fiddlers by some grain bins.

My dad's in his seventies now and not in great health - I'd like to get him out there to catch some big ones while he still can.

2. JKinsey

JKinsey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Oh. . .one more thing. When we went last year, Dad kept complaining about the lack of current in the Tennessee. He said the best fishing always happened in the morning when the current made it downstream from when they had turned the generators on at Kentucky Dam.

I've been looking at the TVA site for Kentucky Dam:

http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/lakeinfo?site=KYH&DataType=All&submit=View+info

and it looks like these days they run the generators 24/7. What do you guys know about that, and about current in general on the Tennessee?