River fishing atricle

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Arkie55, May 3, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I posted an article on Daytime River Fishing in the Premium Articles section this morning. I wrote the article to share knowledge that was taught to me by my catfishing mentor and good friend. Please keep in mind I'm not a professional writer and it's pretty premitive but I was blessed to have been taught this method and I wanted to share it with the good folks here at the BOC. You can find the atricle by going to the main page and scrolling down to the bottom section. Click on the "Premium Atricles" section and look for the heading "Daytime River Fishing" or something like that. I hope you enjoy the article and hopefully it's written well enough that you can understand what I intended to share. Feel free to pm or email me with any questions you may have. Again, I'm not an expert by any means. I'm just a guy who loves to fish for catfish and I love river fishing. This board has helped me understand and learn many things. I only hope to contribute a little in return.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    very good, rep points for that one!

3. Dav1

Dav1 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Very nice and informative article. I will put it to use very soon.

David

4. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    This is exactly the information me and two other BOC brothers were looking for in our new found love of catfishing. We are planning a trip this weekend and I will post the results on the site. Thanks for the great inf. Rep points to you.

5. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks, I will be sure to read.

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Terry, I did move it to the Memorable Fishing Adventure section when I approved it. More fitting there for how it's written. So it would be in BOC Outdoor Publication/Memorable Fishing Adventures/Daytime River Fishing
    Very well written and informative information. Great addition to our library. Thanks for sharing it with us!

7. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I enjoyed the articale and as I am moveing soon to a new river area that I have not fished will deffinatly put the information to use. I too am a day fisherman.

8. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    that was a veary good story with alot of info thanks I will be going daytime catfishing

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Great post and it make sense to me. That in itself is a small wonder. Good Job!

10. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    nice post i realy enjoyed it. keep up the good job and dont forget to cpr lol

11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    great article it definitely had some info iI can use!

12. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Great Article, thanks for sharing with us!

13. daniel472001

daniel472001 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Excellent artice. Very informative. I hope to put it to good use.

14. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    well done verry well done , lots of years exp. in that story . some of those things were tought to me by my grand father . many years ago . fishing the ark. have served me well . u are right we need to pass this on to the youngins . u woke me up . thanks :big_smile:

15. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thank you so much guys that really means a lot to me to get all the postive feedback. That information was handed to me and I wanted to pass it on to my BOC family. That method of fishing really works. You may not fill the boat but very seldom will you not catch fish. The middle of the day is usually pretty slow and that is a good time to use a good dip-bait or punch-bait to catch a few eaters. When I do this, I still set up exactly the same on the same structure and just rig up my stink-bait rig and cast it to shallow cover closer to the bank. Usually produces a few eater sized channel for me.

16. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Great article Arkie! Enjoyed reading it.

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Great article, Terry! I catch most of my cats during the day at spots related to structure, but rather than having missed a meal, many of them are so stuffed it makes me wonder how they thought they had room for another bite.

18. Gone Fishing

Gone Fishing New Member

State:
    Florida
    Great article, very well written, thanks so much for sharing!! I now have a better understanding of how catfish think and now I know how to fish for them during the day!!