river fisherman

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by catman4926, Oct 26, 2008.

1. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Where's all the Alabama catman at and are you catching any fish?

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    We have been catching a few out of the Mobile River the water is starting to cool off now and the fish is moving a little. went yesterday and caught a 39.2 lb blue

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well I will be in GA soon and fishing the Hooch which kind of makes me an Alabama river fisherman. Anyone got any recommendations.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Shane,

These Alabama Catman are pretty tight lipped seam not to get much out of them

5. fichere

fichere New Member

State:
    alabama
    i went saturday to prarie creek & caught approx 50 shad, carried them to holy ground, tried 5or 6 diff places only caught a blue 2# . quit about 10 am & returned home. go next week i hope

6. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama

Hey Harold...I been busy fishing BCQ tounrys and trying to keep my brand new motor running...This new motor has left me stranded twice in the last three tournys that I have been to... heres a pic of a nice one me and my partner caught this weekend in the BCQ CHAMPOINSHIP ...We had a bad first day but came back the second day and squeezed in to the money....

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      24.7 KB
      Views:
  7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jason,

Say that was a nice catch. What kind of motor do u have? Sorry to hear about all the trouble with the motor , sounds like the lemon law to me . Hope u get it fixed and no more trouble out of it. These Alabama fisherman need to do posting and get to now each other and become friends. anyway good to here from u and good luck, and may God bless u and yours

8. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    I here you on the posting and getting to know each other...It has been kind of dead here in the al section lately... btw I have a mercury 115 opit max that has been nothing but trouble lately....only eight months old....thank the good lord for warranties....

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jason,
    I have a freind that just blew up a brand new 225 ,I don't know whats wrong but I have had good luck with mine. I hope every thing goes well with yours

10. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    ETHANOL, very difficult to avoid and not particularly good for outboards does squirrely things to the gaskets and floats in older motors and apparently according to the fella who is rebuilding a 225 vindicator for my buddy has been causing all kind of issues with stopped up carbs, which in turn causes a lean condition that turns pistons into paperweights. I'm not sure about anyone else but I have chased water probs in fuel all year. and my boat is stored in a 30x50 polebarn that is totally enclosed. what did seem to help is adding Stabil brand fuel treatment everytime I put in fuel. And I use my boat probably 3-5 times a month so I don't think the fuel was getting stale. I have been catching quite a few cats on the Tn river and hopefully will get back up there in a few days.

11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    harold nice blue rick

12. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    any one catching anything on the conecuh river

13. fatcat_boo

fatcat_boo New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I went up to hobbs Island last sunday and all we caught was one 1lb channel and about a 2lb blue. didnt get a chance to go this weekend but plan on going sometime this uopcoming weekend

14. lwarren

lwarren New Member

State:
    alabama
    Anyone catching anything below wheeler? I have been doing well on the Logan Martin main lake and in Choccolloc creek avbove
    Stemely bridge. Mainly 25 ft of water on the channel ledge. Where are the really big ones in the Wheeler tailrace next week?

15. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama

I don't know about below wheeler on wilson but I do know there hitting real good above the dam on wheeler......:wink:

16. okiebug

okiebug New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Hey ala catfishers any report on wheeler would be appreciated
    ..type of bait..shad or skipjack???
    location ..above or below the dam???

Thanks

17. lwarren

lwarren New Member

State:
    alabama
    Spent a week there last week and the weather was bad. Caught a few arond twnety in the tailrace behind the first power pole in the slack water. Snagged a lot because I couldnt keep the boat stable due to the 500 mil an hour winds and snow and sleet and rain and... Cant think of any more to bitch about. Shad were everywhere below the powerhouse; all sizes.

18. BAMAJUGGER

BAMAJUGGER New Member

State:
    mccalla,alabama
    we caught a 17lb blue at holt lake on the warrior river sat. night(12/26) and two small channels jug fishing... are there any suggestions where to fish for the real big blues when there is a 70ft deep by 400 foot wide channel and a lot of 20-30 foot deep slews holding bait fish.. the slews are not producing anything but small channel cats,we just got lucky on the blue i guess..thanks for any info.