River End of Bartlett Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by topjimmy, Jan 5, 2006.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Anyone here ever fish the river end of Bartlett Lake, especially off of Indian Springs Wash? The area is closed right now, but I really want to try that area. My buddies pontoon boat will only go so far up the river, I think I could get much further back there in my Jeep. I have done a lot of 4 wheeling on FR42, but I wasn't into catfishing when I was heavy into 4 wheeling. I was wondering how others have done over there fishing for big cats, I am chomping at the bit to get out there, I wish they would reopen it.

2. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    I've been back there many times, had great luck bass fishing , and did okay for channels , have yet to get a flathead, had one good run on my bluegill but broke it off.

3. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I've ran my little jon boat back there a few times (Its the only safe place on the lake for my 12' jon boat.) Me and my friends usually pull a few decent flatheads out, (5-9lbs nothing real big yet) and I have talked to people that have done real well. Its fun to fish because its easy to tell were the holes are, it basically looks like a river, all the bends have holes so you can jump from hole to hole.

Ive never driven to Indian Springs, but everytime I camp up by the river, I see a few four wheelers cruising the washes from someware. + if you drive up the lake from Yellow Cliffs (Last boat ramp) you can make it to several spots all along the river end of the lake. 4X4 will get you a long ways.