river catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by misterwhisker, Nov 3, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    going to the river tomorrow for some cat action, gona try to get some skips too, i'll show pics of my trip tues. night:wink:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    just got back from catchin bait got me some creek chubs,blue gill and suckers, but i really hope to get some skips for tomorrow so i can put some in the freezer...im ready :wink:

3. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Good luck Paul! Catch some big ones!

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    oh i forgot, i bought me a new cat rod and reel, hope to put some marks on it tomorrow :wink: watch out Pennsylvania guys

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck!! Hope you catch a bunch of big'uns!!! :wink:

6. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    well i did ok, just gota wait for mrs whisker to get home from work to post my pics:sad2: any way i did my civic duty this morning and voted:confused2: got to the river at 10, fished till 2:30, I must have caught the end of a feeding frenzy, caught 9 cats in about 15 minutes, caught 4 more on the way back to the ramp in a spot i call one finger, cause a buddy of mine lost the tip of his finger cuttin bait there 2 years ago,:eek:oooh: the biggest was a lil over 9lbs, so i got one for the us vs. them... 1, 6 lbder and 5 were 3 to 4 lbs, and the rest were 2 lbs or less, not bad for 4 hrs. fishin, but its typical for that hole.. i'll post pics after dinner.....:wink:

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sounds like a good time bro cant beat that for 4 hours of fishing. I will be taking my Dad catfishing on the river Friday, would love to put him on a hawg. :roll_eyes:

8. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    hope this works, heres some pics i hope :confused2:

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
  10. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    brothers it took me forever to figure that out ........my head hurts:eek:oooh::smile2:

11. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    im sure you seen the pic with the magnet...let me tell ya that was hard as h-ll to pull off that wall, made me:angry: but i got it down pat now:wink:

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches!!! Sounds like you had a pretty good day!

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches... Can you go to work for me tomorrow so I can get out and go?:wink::smile2: rollo

14. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i don't fish as much i as use too, but after finding this site i have been rejuvanated, ive been laid off for a few months, and im ready to hit it hard just wish the water and weather conditions would cooperate....but to answer your question rollo ...NO..LMBO

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats funny, Now that lawncare and landscaping season is over it is time for my 6 month vacation to. I have been calling travis (TBULL) just about every day from the boat telling him how nice its gonna be fishing every day for the next 6 months.LOL. He seems to enjoy his job though a lot more than fishing. Hell I would to if I got to Get on catfish1 8 hours a day!! LOL. Anyways, hit a creek off the river today fishing for crappie and man did i have fun. Caught a little bit of everything, crappie, white bass, sauger, small mouth, large mouth and how bout this, I evan caught several small skipjacks up in eagle creek between aberdeen and ripley ohio. Travis, I think 2morrow im gonna catfish, Thursday Go catch skips, Friday, Saturday, and sunday I don't have planned out yet but, Ill be fishin. Ill be thinkin of you though with a smile on my face!! By the way mister whiskers, what did most of those fish come on? Suckers?

16. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    oh boy here we go again, what do you think.???you know what my go to bait is come on. you want to buy some...sorry :smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Nice fish Paul. I'm laid off too so i can relate,man. But it's been good for the fishing time if not the wallet!

18. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i forgot to mention that when i first tied to the wall, there were some workers there watchin me, so i baited up and casted out, before i got to my 2nd pole, i had a fish on,those guys were hollering, way to go...,Well i baited up again and casted out,...again before my bait even hit bottom,another fish on, i had a little crowd cheering me on at this point it was pretty cool,they were really entertained by the way i had only been there for 5 mins. So i baited up again, casted out...bang another fish, this time it was the biggest of the day, i had to get the net for this one, i was fighting the fish and my cheering section was on there feet yelling hey buddy your better then watching the outdoor channel,and..hey Bill dance is that you over there, it was cool to say the least,.....my brother is going with me tomorrow it should be another good day...I will keep you up dated