River Cat

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by rivercatsc, Apr 2, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    My boat doctor just called and said my boat is totalled, done, no good, piece of crap. The hull is cracked and it will cost more to fix than it is worth so I will be shopping for a River Cat part 2.

2. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    James sorry to hear your boat is broke. Did this happen Saturday?

If you want to go fishing give me a call we will use my boat.

Jim

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hope you get it sorted out real soon, James!
    BB in SC

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    James, let me know when you get your new boat up and running and we will get the graphics done pronto.
    BB in SC

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds good Jim. I have gone crosseyed looking at boats on the internet tonight and better go to bed so I can go to work to pay for a new boat. Sturday didnt do it it just fininshed it off. The boat man said the fiberglass had been wore thin from the bunkson my trailr and that is what cused it to split. Dang I must put that thing on and off the trailor alot. I am looking for a 20-24ft tritoon or a 18-22ft dual console fishing boat if anyone has any leads. I have a good motor(2001 Mercury 150EFI) so all I need is a hull but will buy a package.

Hey Jim maybe I will sell Roundhill my motor.LOL

6. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    James Roundhill might buy it. He knows your motor will run.

Jim

7. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I hate to hear that your boat has seen its better days. Hope you can find one like you want. Have you considered a big jon boat if you knock a hole in it you can always get it welded up. Good luck.

8. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    James I just figured out why your boat cracked. It was because you over loaded it with all the catfish you caught Saturday.

Jim

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'll have to echo Greg. IF I had the money to make such a purchase, and since we do fish some mighty rough areas, it would seem that the durable SeaArk would be the logical choice. I bought my fiberglass Carolina Skiff ONLY because I am on a very limited budget, and I got the whole boat, motor and trailer package for 2K. The Big Pee Dee is ROUGH on fiberglass. I'm sure the Santee lakes can be devastating to fiberglass as well with all the stumps and such. The plus side to fiberglass is that the vinyl graphics do look good on them! :)

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Interesting. Do you have a picture of the damage? I gotta see this.

11. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like I better leave my boat on the trailer. I don't want to cause it to crack from loading and unloading. Really hate to hear that about your boat.

12. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Im not knocking anyone with a aluminum boat but even a 24 footer still rides like a 15ft in a slight chop on the water it will beat you to death and the summer time the metal is so hot you cant hardly stand to ouch anything. I will stick to fiberglass or a pontoon and I have fished tht boat HARD for the last 6 years it has been in the water low or not for at least 2 days a week. I love my boat but I had outgrown it and was planning a new boat search lter this year anyway.

Gregg welcome to the BOC I am glad you made it on.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hear ya James. I was going to make a pros and cons list, and the heat during summer in an aluminum boat was a con. You are a very astute boat buyer, indeed! :)
    BB in SC

14. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    James,

Sorry to hear about your boat problems, but it's good to see you taking a positive approach to the problem. Hope you get back on the water soon.

15. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Sorry to hear about your boat James. Ironic that her last run was as a tournament winner. Hope you find what you are looking for in a replacement. I too know the pros & cons of fiberglass hulls. I'll keep my eyes open.

16. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry to hear about your boat

17. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Sorry to hear about your boat. If you want to go let me know and we will try to set a day and go.

18. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Hey sorry to hear about your boat, but I feel your pain I just got the news that mine was terminal as well. was a 22 ft starcraft now it is a really heavy ROWBOAT, oh well I was kinda leaning on getting a pontoon boat anyway just for more fishing room and a smoother ride on the big water. good luck on your search :big_smile: