River below horseshoe dam

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by fishinpolak, Mar 7, 2007.

1. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey guys does anybody here fish that strech of river for flats or does any one know if theres good flats in this river? Thanks

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    There have been flats caught just below Horshoe lake dam. There are several more areas down river but they are not accessible because of the fire that rolled through there a couple of years ago. The Forest Service shut down the access roads so that the vegitation can regrow.

3. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    hmmm the only road that i know of is the one you take towards horshoe lake. There are a few spots before the lake that you can fish the river but never noticed a road that was closed off in that area. Iv only fish catfish point below the dam.

4. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    Indian Springs Wash is the road back to the river , it's between the horseshoe entrance and bartlett , it's been closed for the past 3 yrs I think , I wish they would open it , I used to back there all the time, very nice for bass fishing and channel catfish , I never had much luck with the flathead up there , it's very remote if you have 4x4 to cross the river a couple of times.