River at Roosevelt.

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by micah, Aug 30, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I was thinking about heading up to Roosevelt this weekend and fishing the river from shore. I know there's quite a few of the BOC members that go out there. I was wondering if there's a place I could set up a small camp near the river and fish all night. I was thinking about taking the girl and her kid out there. Any info would help. I'm not even really sure exactly how to get to the river.

Micah

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    GO TO THE DIVERSION DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    If you follow 188 past school house until it hits 288, you can only go left or right. Take the left heading toward Salome. You'll go over the bridge that crosses the salt river. The Diversion damn is just to the left of the bridge. If you stop short of the bridge you'll see a road the runs along the river (To the left toward roosie). It'll take you all the way back by shcool house with various dirt roads that lead down to the river. Lots of sand and moguls. You are gonna need 4wd. Most of the roads that come from the lake to the river have been closed off. There are roads that come from the backside off roosie to the river but they can be hard to find and you should take a 4wd. HTH

4. Shaun Bond

Shaun Bond New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yes Im going to Roosevelt this weekend!