River at Ozark

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by ccat, Jul 26, 2008.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I will be most likely fishing down at Ozark one night this coming week.
    I won't be taking my boat, but will fish from the bank around the dam. I have only fished it one time, from the north side of the river by the lock. Apparently, from people I talked to, that might have been the wrong side.
    Can anyone give me advice on fishing this time of year at night at Ozark, bait, how far out/deep, leaders/corks.
    The only time I fished it was back in May and the river was running about 300 mph. I think I have heard from BOC members it might be trying to settle down some.
    Thanks for any help yall might have.
    good luck,
    ccat

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Fished Ozark Tuesday night. Ended up with 3 off the bank on live shad.
    Cut shad never worked. We caught the fish right after a barge went into the lock around 12:30am and after I changed to live shad. Had a 3, 4 1/2 and 11 pound blue. Will be out there after them again this weekend.
    Good luck.
    ccat

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    heading back down to Ozark tonight. Hope those cats will be in a better mood.
    Has anyone been down there in the past week or so? The water really looks right, and not the whitewater rafting river it was a month ago.
    good luck.
    ccat

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Ended up catching 4 blues. 3 of them from 2-3 pounds and my personal best of 21 pounds. That big one hit a bream head about 2:30am. There wasn't much current below the lock, so the shad shut off about 10:00 and I had to go to bream. The shad sure seem to be working. Lots of drum that night too.
    good luck.
    ccat

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Chris congrats on your PB. Stay with em and you'll top that i'm sure.