River at Ozark lock & dam.....

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Big Sam, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i survived my week long training in Little Rock......decided to make sure i could still catch fish:tounge_out: regan decided to go early Sunday morning the 14th....Johnny sit this one out he got re-instated to his golf-group :eek:oooh: kinda like John Daly making a come-back!!:beat_brick: Anyway of course it rained friday...about 3 inches in 10 minutes & the same saturday about 2am...so the river was up 5 more feet:wink: We caught a few shad at the lock & Regan brought some skips....we decided to throw 5 noodles & drift fish at the same time...We had 10 cats i think....nothing big mostly 3-5lbers...4 channels 6 blues....If it hadnt brewed up a T-storm we would have had more..they were biting drifting on bottom...Regan almost had his pole taken away by a 10lb drum!!!!!! LOL Drift speed was 2.03mph they hit hard too...

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam,
    I will be down at Clarksville Saturday thru Monday. You fishing this weekend?
    How deep were your drops on those jugs?
    I am heading to Greers tomorrow for a few days and will set some noodles out each night. Guess I will take frozen incase I can't find fresh.
    Too bad Johnnie got into golfing. Maybe after he gets tired of slicing that golfball into the tick infested woods, he will head back to the river.

3. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    We got a tourney coming in July too.....i have antibiotics to give to Johnny in massive porportions for tick-fever:eek:oooh::wink: My drops are 6ft with 2 hooks per line...were gonna try & fish one day probably Ozark it's closer:wink:

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Yeah, I have 40 jugs. One set is made up deeper with 2 hooks per, and my other I am taking is set a lot shallower. I am redoing some of them with 4-6 foot drops. I might have to get those kids to catch me a mess of small bream to bait them with, otherwise it will be frozen gizzard shad from the river.

5. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    With the river ALMOST hitting normal pool levels you should be able to get shad early morning ...go up river till ya see the super long clarksville river bridge there is a "cut" on the far left side usually holds shad:wink: far left as ya can go & still be under the bridge....look for the old barge loading dock on the left hand bank go past it stay left hand bank to the bridge..cast under bridge:wink:

6. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    sam,
    I will head up there for those shad. Are you talking around the spadra area?
    I will fish up there again on Wednesday and/or Thursday too.
    Let's meet up when I get back from my next yankee trip.
    We can at least eat a case of lil debs or two. I just got 3 more cases...no moon pies either.
    About to go set jugs on Greers now.