River Access on the Kaw

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Circlehook Jester, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ok guys, sorry for the delay. Been working a lot and waiting on phone calls from company officials. Here is the deal, I called the real estate department with the UP railroad. The rule of thumb with the RR is 50 ft from the middle of the tracks on either side is considered railroad property. Now, do the math, I do not know who owns the rest of it that leads down to the Kansas River. This is the stretch from lets say Kansas City, KS to Topeka. I have been seeing more and more fishing going on around the banks, and have not heard of anyone getting into trouble. So, if you can find the access and maybe ask the farmer or landowner if you can tresspass to get to the river, you should be just fine. Even if it is crossing the tracks to get to the river. The UP police told me as long as no one is loitering in and around the tracks, or on the property around the tracks(50 ft from the middle), no tickets can legally be given. Again, do not be on the service roads right by the track, etc. So, good fishing everyone, and hope to see you out there!

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    good to see you back i was wondering what happened to you have you been fishing any

3. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah, finally got to set lines again this past Saturday. Ended up catching 14 channel cats on cut black perch. Biggest was 15 pounds even. I let some of them go, they were full of eggs. Pictures will be up as soon as I can figure out how to fit them. You been fishing?

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    here and there just been busy but i have about 10flatheads under my belt so far this year biggest this year is 36lbs and good enough to get me another master angler award

5. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    Outstanding!! There is nothing like a large flattie. :smile2: I set about six banjo lines with some scrappy large black perch, but didn't catch anything. Time to move to a different hole. I have only produced 2 flatties so far this year.

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    just come to my part of the country ill put you on some easy to target in my small river

7. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    You got it. I would like to come there and fish with you some time. I love river fishing, but haven't really been out to much around here. Especially the KAW.

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i will be on the big blue this weekend but after that im open

9. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    I will holler at you some time when I am not working. I might just have to make time to come see you from WORK.:eek:oooh: Text me, or call me with your number. 913-709-3927. Take care buddy!

10. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    same here if your every my way just call or text 620-868-0393